World Cup: Matches

Genie

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd have no complaints with Southgate if we went down swinging. I just don't want us to sit back and defend. Lets go for it.

If we swing, we connect and win the world cup. No one lives with us. Too many good attackers.

Only the manager hasn't seen that so far.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd have no complaints with Southgate if we went down swinging. I just don't want us to sit back and defend. Lets go for it.

100% this

France are a damn good team, reigning champions, there's no shame in us playing our football and being beaten simply on the basis that they are better than us

There's plenty of shame in being beaten having not played our football

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Whoever wins tonight needs to come out the blocks against Morocco and get an early goal. Morocco have been very good at stifling the momentum and slowing the game down to their pace. See also Croatia. Get an early goal and make them have to come out then you can exploit the space. 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Southgate was saying the right things, they need to attack France and cut off the supply to Mbappe. Let’s see. 

Southgate say and southgate do are two very different things

4 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

What is this absolutely massive love in for Henderson? ITV have proper gone OTT with it. 

Its because they can't fawn over Sterling 

5 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

What is this absolutely massive love in for Henderson? ITV have proper gone OTT with it. 

I like him, don't think he's brilliant and the midfield is poor but he seems to balance this team in a way that mount and Phillips don't

Convinced its luck rather than judgement though

• Like 1

I'm not too optimistic over this one, we've played average/poor teams so far and already been outplayed by the U.S and were 2nd best against Senegal for 30 mins, what are France going to do to us.

• Like 1