World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Shame for all of you Southgate haters that England will thrash Senegal. To win the World Cup, England will probably have to beat the 3 best teams in the World, all World Champions this century. An almost impossible task. But, no blame to Gareth Southgate, if they do not manage it.

Well yes, you do normally need to beat the top sides to win a major tournament. Despite our comically easy runs in both prior competitions, looks like even the forums resident number one Southgate fan is under no illusions we'll do anything but revert to type and fall short once we face someone we aren't a clear favourite over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Well yes, you do normally need to beat the top sides to win a major tournament. Despite our comically easy runs in both prior competitions, looks like even the forums resident number one Southgate fan is under no illusions we'll do anything but revert to type and fall short once we face someone we aren't a clear favourite over.

I am so happy for you that you desperately want England to lose. I, on the other hand, have waded through decades of pain and desperately want them to win.

Edited by Django_Zooms

7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Shame for all of you Southgate haters that England will thrash Senegal. To win the World Cup, England will probably have to beat the 3 best teams in the World, all World Champions this century. An almost impossible task. But, no blame to Gareth Southgate, if they do not manage it.

It shouldn't be an impossible task. We've got the players to do it and I thoroughly believe a proper coach would have us beating those teams. 

Until we beat a proper decent team I believe we are a badly coached flat track bully. 

I mean **** me. Southgate is the failed Middlesbrough manager who managed the England Under 21s. It would be a bona fide miracle if he actually was a world class coach. He's so unqualified it's breathtaking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

I am so happy for you that you desperately want England to lose. I, on the other hand, have waded through decades of pain and desperately want them to win.

Well hopefully the power of your hopes and dreams will finally propel us to international honours. I personally would put more faith in us actually making the most of a talented generation with a decent manager.

• Like 2