Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Good stuff from Kamara, Ings and Digne.

Special shoutouts to Emi2, just needs more of the ball.

McGinn did well to win the penalty.

Mings and Dougie a little off today, Konsa's been solid.

Cash exposed too often allowing Brighton to put in crosses.

1-1 at HT in a game that probably should be 0-0. I think the ref got both decisions wrong. But that's ok, he nullified his first mistake.

Kamara, Digne, Ings doing well. 

I still fear for the worst, and would be amazed if we got anything out of this one.

Just now, AVTuco said:

1-1 at HT in a game that probably should be 0-0. I think the ref got both decisions wrong. But that's ok, he nullified his first mistake.

Kamara, Digne, Ings doing well. 

I still fear for the worst, and would be amazed if we got anything out of this one.

what you saying ours was a not a pen?

• Like 1

I think for their goal, if Luiz lets the ball go past him he gets the foul, or at least the ball goes past him and we get a chance to regroup - he's working so hard to try to get on to a ridiculous ball from Martinez though that he doesn't have the quickness of thought to do that - he'd have been better off letting it pass him than trying to do something with it. It's more on Martinez for me anyway - there's no way he should be playing a ball into the middle of the field in a dangerous area to a player that's marked, doesn't want it and isn't expecting it.

• Like 3

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Might be a bit unpopular today but I’ve thought Mcginn looked decent today.

Digne and Ings have played quite well as well as Kamara. 

Why should it be unpopular? No - one should have to walk on eggshells when it comes to commenting on one of our own players. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

I think with both us and Brighton trying to play a high press everything in between is frantic. We really need the back line to steady themselves in the second half and not piss about. Either go long or move the ball quicker. This is still very much in the balance. I'd like to see Archer on with Ings as I think we could find space continually beyond their defence if we play this right