Christmas 2022

Seat68

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We overcatered, as usual. 

It's what you're supposed to do. The 1 meal of the year where you just can't undercater. 

Some of the second helpings at our meal were obscene. Literally a second whole dinner.  I was actually pretty reserved. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I got Insignia. Oh wait, sorry. That was 1985.

Lynx did launch in the UK in 1985 (first launched in France in '83 under the Axe name)

The launch ones were Musk, Amber and Spice. 

I remember them well! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Some of the second helpings at our meal were obscene. Literally a second whole dinner.  I was actually pretty reserved. 

i was the only one of the family that did this. i don't care how much they judge me

managed a small slice of yule log but that's the only thing i ate from 3pm onwards and still feel stuffed

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Well that was fun......

My almost 4 year old got up at 2:30am, neither of us heard him, found all the presents and opened every single one 🤣 (not just his, EVERYONE'S!)

My wife found him at 3:30am absolutely giddy. He then was up and about until at 7am I gave him some benadryl (antihistamine) for a horrible heat rash and he crashed from 9 to 11am.

I have mentioned in other threads that my son was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder but haven't really gone into it much. Mainly because I'm still learning about it myself. Ultimately we realized today that our expectation of Christmas and how it will be, is going to be changed by his needs. Minimal presents and barely a change to his regular routine. I think the whole anticipation completely overloaded him and that's why he woke up so early and with the hives on his skin.

We kept things low key all day although I did make a big effort with the cooking.

Roast stuffed Pork Loin.

420cba1adacbf365a0d62d918f674e87061152c5

Trivet bubbling for the gravy below (guessing the video won't auto embed)

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rngwln9KJg1rg64lg.mp4

Merry Christmas to all you VT'ers! (apart from the clearings in the woods in On Topic of course 😉

Main thing is it sounds like one you'll remember and tell the story of for years to come and ultimately that's kind of the whole point so it's a good un!

Hope your boys conditions still means he can enjoy you embarrassing the **** out of him with this story for years to come

• Thanks 1

Feel like I may explode. Thank God for the Villa tomorrow as my turn to drive so will leave at 3.30 pm and probably not get back until 10pm so we have postponed Boxing Day until Tuesday thus chance to sober up and recover to go again🥳

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Chevy chase shaking the Christmas present that's the cat in the box is the single greatest piece of acting in the history of cinema

Tell me I'm wrong

I think the scene in bed when they have sap on their fingers and he’s turning the pages is absolute comedy genius. Sellars-esque

• Like 1

Forgot to say thank you to Santa for delivering a load of parts for the 1960s BSA motorcycle that I'm restoring. How did he know? I hadn't mentioned it at all.

BSA the only good thing about Small Heath.