Christmas 2022

Seat68

Did good with my presents;

Prada eau de toilette (I will fish it out of the crapper if I knock it in @foreveryoung)

F C U K body-spray pack (sadly not Lynx Africa @Genie)

M&S biscuits and chocs

Socks and vests (always wear a vest under my work shirts, so always useful)

Cash 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Always wear a vest under my work shirts

Woah. I got attacked for buying soap recently. You're wearing vests. Where the heck can you even buy them? 

Do you tuck them into your pants? 

Christmas telly on that made the nice list this year - 

Ghosts, Motherland, Detectorists, Inside No 9, Mortimer & Whitehouse : Gone Fishing.

Christmas telly that has made the naughty list (and therefore I won’t be watching it) - 

Match of the Day.

Top prize probably goes to Ghosts. Just a joy. 

Thoughts on Detectorists -

Spoiler

I liked it. Some good gags (extending the finds table, “Sheila, you’re breaking my heart”) and I just want to live in that world. I actually think the storyline could have been done over a few episodes at a normal running time, give the supporting characters a bit more screen time to flesh it out. I could watch Russell being glib for a whole episode, while any visit to the Two Brewers pub is welcome, however unimportant it may be.

I was a little bit disappointed that Simon & Garfunkel had reverted back to antagonists, I was hoping there would be a new dynamic following the end of the original series. And when Andy and Lance are at loggerheads to the extent they were, the show is quite the oasis of calm that it normally is.

Plus, the ending kinda left things unresolved whereas the series finale had tied everything up nicely. 

But quibbles aside, I enjoyed it.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 22:28, Xela said:

vests (always wear a vest under my work shirts, so always useful)

Feels like one for another thread but as I'm getting older yes yes and yes

Even if it's 40° put a vest under your shirt, sounds very very weird but it'll keep your shirt dry, the material is better designed for everything

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Feels like one for another thread but as I'm getting older yes yes and yes

Even if it's 40° put a vest under your shirt, sounds very very weird but it'll keep your shirt dry, the material is better designed for everything

Yep. Keeps you a bit warmer in the winter, keeps the sweat patches off the shirt in the summer! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Yep. Keeps you a bit warmer in the winter, keeps the sweat patches off the shirt in the summer! 

I discovered it when I was about 35 and all the foreign guys at work were wearing them mid summer while I was embrassingly swearing buckets

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Vests? I seriously haven't worn one since my mum used to dress me

I use t-Shirts, because they have an extra use and are much better at what you are claiming vests do but don't really

Vests for the bin

Yeah for clarity I use a plain white tshirt with a low neck line as a vest, none of these string shoulder bollocks things

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

Vests? I seriously haven't worn one since my mum used to dress me

I use t-Shirts, because they have an extra use and are much better at what you are claiming vests do but don't really

Vests for the bin

Too much extra under arm baggage on a t-shirt. 

Mine aren't string vests either, more like a sleeveless t-shirt.