Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The only and I mean only thing that worries me about Unai and the control he has at Villa is what happens if he does get poached? I’m not talking about United as I genuinely don’t think he’d go to another Prem club but what if Real or Barca came knocking? Do we lose our entire coaching and scouting staff who all came to be with him?

Are we leaving ourselves a bit vulnerable? I don’t know. 

We can always get Stevie G back and if he's not around then Bruce will jump at the job. Nothing to worry about really !

• Like 1

Good grief VT.  🤣

Everyone please go to the bathroom and have a wank.  UE is going nowhere.

One of the selling points for UE to Villa was that NSWE completely changed the backroom staff, the leadership team above and around Emery to people UE wanted.  Emery has HIS preferred setup on the pitch, off the pitch, physio room, recruitment room, DOF office, etc etc.  Does anyone HONESTLY think that ManU would give UE that much power and say over how the club is run?!  Not a chance in hell.  NO big club would be willing to take that risk.  They all want to micro-manage and put 'yes men' into positions of power, etc etc.  ManU can certainly offer the bigger salary and higher transfer budgets- but UE would never get the inside men behind the scenes that he desires. 

Smaller clubs would prolly agree to the UE setup- but they don't have the financial backing to get in the players he desires for UCL.  Villa are uniquely placed with ambitious owners willing to offer UE everything he desired.  No way he leaves anytime soon.  He only leaves if the circumstances change or the wheels fall off.

The only 'big club' that comes close to this setup is Citeh.  But I don't count them frankly because they are cheating bastards.

Villa fans.  Relax.  Have a pint.  Enjoy the ride.  Everything runs in cycles.  I strongly feel that this is the beginning of an AVFC cycle for the better- which means a typical top6 side (ManU, Chelsea, etc) will be on the decline.

• Like 4

This is what always happens though. Fans shouting give us more media attention, gives us more attention.

Now we're getting it and our players and managers being looked at more and rumours created.

This is why I always say I don't want any media attention on Villa. I hate this.

So much prefer going under the radar.

22 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What was Emery's relationship with the fans like at Sevilla and Villarreal? Obviously he had phenomenal success there but was the fan relationship ever this close?

Not sure about those two, but Gary Neville commented that Emery was absolutely idolised at Valencia even after he left and I think he may even have a statue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Not sure about those two, but Gary Neville commented that Emery was absolutely idolised at Valencia even after he left and I think he may even have a statue. 

Maybe Neville is thinking of Rafa as the fans wanted Unai gone even after getting to the Champions League and he has been booed on a few return visits

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Don't know what the rules are but that doesn't seem to be an option with managers like it is for players.

A contract is a contract. Having said that, if a manager wants out and their heart is not in the job anymore then there’s no point forcing them to stay against their will, results would go south pretty quickly. 

I not seen any sign that Emery is looking to move though. 

We have to get used to media clearings in the woods trying to unsettle our manager and players, they can’t bare to see us doing well, especially when the so called ‘big teams’ aren’t. It’s always been that way. But things are different now with NSWE in charge. Emery has got everything he wants around him and is only just at the beginning of his mission. Relax and get back to discussing how amazing our manager is, because he is different class and far too good for those red manc fools. 

Unai Emery was trending all day on my twitter (X) feed yesterday...

I don't like the noise

I can guarantee that the mainstream media absolutely despise us being up there in the expense of  certain sky 6 clubs.

We can't have nice things can we?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Can’t read it because it’s behind a paywall but Carragher telling us to cherish Emery while he’s still here..

Which clubs would he leave for? Man City, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern, Madrid? Can’t think of many more tbh. Not because there aren’t bigger clubs out there, just because I think he’s smart enough to know he’s on to a good thing at Villa with complete control and as much money as we’re able to spend. He has his whole team here. 

Anyway, I’m repeating what others have said. I can’t see him going anywhere anytime soon!

• Like 3

I managed to read Carragher’s article (I fluked that trick where you can read it behind a paywall, never quite sure how it works).

Honestly not worth reading. Nothing you can’t imagine or have already read here or elsewhere for free. He does acknowledge the possibility Emery can reach the champions league with Villa, so the piece is not completely trying to move Emery on. But it’s basically “Emery is good isn’t he? Good managers tend to want to participate at the highest level.”

27 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Unai Emery was trending all day on my twitter (X) feed yesterday...

I don't like the noise

I can guarantee that the mainstream media absolutely despise us being up there in the expense of  certain sky 6 clubs.

We can't have nice things can we?

Glass half empty people can't help themselves

Â