Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Why? United are not the great power they were. They arent even signing star players anymore and the stadium is falling apart

Anything he would want from United he could easily get here

Because it's one of the biggest clubs on the planet.

I may be completely wrong but I think he would take it. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Because it's one of the biggest clubs on the planet.

I may be completely wrong but I think he would take it. 

If he hadn't already had a negative experience at an 'elite' club then I might have slight concerns. But his stints at both PSG and Arsenal will have made Emery wary of walking into situations where a club is not structured correctly for long term success. I don't think there's another club that would have given him the carte blanche that we have. I'd be disappointed if he even entertained the notion of going to Man Utd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyway, bollocks to Man Utd. He ain't going there so I'm not sure it's worth even continuing the discussion.

I think Sunday is going to be an interesting game at Forest and I think Unai will have us ready to go with another tactical genius plan to collect another hard fought, but well deserved, 3 points!

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I don't either but if I take my villa glasses off reality is I still think Emery wants to prove himself to the world at a mega club after Arsenal.

And he fitted well with Villareal too and I'm sure their fans would say similar things but ultimately moved to a bigger club with a bigger budget.

Am I concerned? No, as I said I don't think Emery's reputation is that high at the biggest clubs.

He’s at a sleeping giant that with him around and NSWE could reawaken and become a mega club. Stay and enjoy the ride with us Unai. Legendary status awaits you here. The pieces are all in place don’t mess it up now, please!! UTV

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The only and I mean only thing that worries me about Unai and the control he has at Villa is what happens if he does get poached? I’m not talking about United as I genuinely don’t think he’d go to another Prem club but what if Real or Barca came knocking? Do we lose our entire coaching and scouting staff who all came to be with him?

Are we leaving ourselves a bit vulnerable? I don’t know. 

Whether it is good players or good managers, the only rule at Villa is that they move on.

The one thing about Unai is that there was something about how things were arranged at Arsenal, which he didn't like, and so the shambles at United might not have much appeal.

Unai has managed nine clubs and the longest he's stayed was four years at Valencia.

Clubs go through cycles and managers tend to leave when the positive cycle ends: Villa are still in the upward phase, and so I feel we are okay for the present.

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

He’s at a sleeping giant that with him around and NSWE could reawaken and become a mega club. Stay and enjoy the ride with us Unai. Legendary status awaits you here. The pieces are all in place don’t mess it up now, please!! UTV

Pretty soon the Bullshit Broadcasting Corporation will catch on to the Unai to Man U story and embracing at like it was fact. Since they hate us and the midlands in general but love all things Manchester, serial pervert supporting and employing Representatives for Wellingborough!  They won’t be able to resist bringing it up on MOTD in Unai’s post match interview, probably against Forest and hopefully Unai will blow the whole thing out of the water, putting it to bed there and then!

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The only and I mean only thing that worries me about Unai and the control he has at Villa is what happens if he does get poached? I’m not talking about United as I genuinely don’t think he’d go to another Prem club but what if Real or Barca came knocking? Do we lose our entire coaching and scouting staff who all came to be with him?

Are we leaving ourselves a bit vulnerable? I don’t know. 

I could handle a rough period after winning the Champions League!

• Haha 1

Right now United are basically the poster boys of farcical club management. I just don't see Emery going there, especially not when things are going so well for him here.

Real Madrid and Barcelona I would be worried about however.

5 hours ago, Strog said:

When Unai does leave, in about 20 years time having won multiple trophies,I’m sure a rightful successor will have been identified and in waiting. Unai can then go about his next project in rebuilding a non- league Manure team.

So what you're saying is that by the time he leaves we'll be having to look for a new club president to oversee our, by then, manager hand chosen by Unai himself as he leaves to take up a senior post at the Spanish FA?

12 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

Do I think Emery would leave Villa for Man United at the moment? - No

Would I be surprised if Emery left Villa for Man United in the next couple of months - No

About sums it up!

I’d be completely surprised if Emery left for Man United in the next couple of months, I just don’t see it as an option for Emery.  They have so many problems at that club, of which many, and major issues that the manager can’t resolve and are unlikely to get better in the near future and likely to get much worse.  

I would think, and I have nothing to back this up, that Emery wants to win the big one; he wants the Champions League on his CV. Elite managers are judged on how many they have.

I think part of the reason he left Villareal for us, is that our owner's ambition matched his, that financially we'd back him more than Villareal, and give him whatever he wants to bring home that trophy.

Now, I would imagine that if any massive club came in for him then he would consider it, and one of the main considerations would be 'Would I have a better chance of winning the Champions League there?'

Don't get me wrong, there will be other factors, and I don't think he'd easily walk away from the project he's started here, I just get the impression he's fiercely ambitious and we'll need to keep up with that ambition if he's to remain here for a long time.

Are Manchester United more likely to win the Champions League than us in their current condition? I don't know. They look a mess, but they still have plenty of good players there, and they have more FFP wiggle room than most due to massive income, so there's potential certainly. On the other side, they need a bigger culture change than we did, and that usually requires more player turnover, which inevitably takes longer, and time is not something easily afforded.

So it wouldn't be a straightforward decision. Unai certainly backed himself to come in and improve us, I'm sure he'd back himself to improve them too. Hopefully, no decision will need to be made.

• Like 2

Â