Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder if he ever regrets the Dendoncker loan at all. It's been completely pointless - has he played even a single minute? - and it feels like we've been left very light in central midfield. Of course no-one could predict Kamara getting a season-ending injury, but it hasn't taken much in the way of injury or suspension to leave us with no fresh options whatsoever. 

He may do but at the time he had Kamara playing,Youri on the bench and Ramsey looking he was going to back playing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Post match interview reflects v well on him. Gracious in defeat and realistic about what he could expect from the players. Acknowledged the travelling support throughout the tournament. Not a syllable of excuse around injuries etc. 

Love that he said there was a lot of information from which he and the players will learn. The man is running a football university at BMH: if we fall at the final hurdle in the league, it won’t be for want of trying. 

Trust the process and keep going. 

This exactly.

Not once has he used our injury list as an excuse, that's our job. Imagine where we could have been even with half the injuries we've had. 

• Like 1

Never makes excuses Unai seems our fans like to. Cut the tiredness exuse going over the top. We couldn't even string a pass , a cross or create a few chances or do the basics tonight. We're was the aggression,  intensity or the fire. Team lacks leadership bigtime.

Imagine us next season after the lessons he's learned this season? With slightly better luck with injuries, I can't even begin to fathom what he'll be cooking next year. Just need to get over the line now. Leave it all out there against Liverpool.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder if he ever regrets the Dendoncker loan at all. It's been completely pointless - has he played even a single minute? - and it feels like we've been left very light in central midfield. Of course no-one could predict Kamara getting a season-ending injury, but it hasn't taken much in the way of injury or suspension to leave us with no fresh options whatsoever. 

It’s only taken a season ending injury to Kamara and a badly timed injury to Tielemans.  The fact that dendoncker can’t get minutes now just about sums it up. He’s no more suitable than Tim to play regular minutes for a top 4 team.

If dendoncker is the answer then the question is definitely not how do you win European tournaments or qualify for the champions league.

• Like 1

He went for the wrong setup yesterday. It just didn’t work. McGinn and Luiz were too deep, there was nobody in the final third to make that last pass. Our only option was wide to Bailey or cash and whip it in, which isn’t our game. 

As shit as he is I think we should haeve gone with Tim as the DM and pushed McGinn and Luiz forward. 

I was also surprised it took him so long to make changes. 

We move on. He’s going to lead us to the Champions League. The man is a genius, just a bad day yesterday

• Like 1

If Unai can rouse our current tired, depleted, shattered squad to get a win from either of the next two matches, he'll more than deserve manager of the season.

Klopp's press conference before the Villa game... raves about Emery and says he's done a remarkable job and is one of the best in the business.

Unai has got such a tune out of this set of players.  He's done a remarkable job of turning the club round in such a short space of time.  I hope he looks for better technical players to replace some of those who do not seem to have bridged the gap that others have.  It's such a good time to be a Villa fan, even if we end up 5th this season. 

• Like 2

Â