Unai Emery

PeterSw

21 hours ago, maltesemike said:

Two more years at best? For the love of god please not. I’m getting anxiety of him leaving already 😅

Same here - I’m normally wrong on most things - here’s hoping 😀

• Haha 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Only his second season still.

Easy to forget that.

What he has done is putting the managers needing time argument to shame.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

What a guy, love him. Even McGinn said a couple of weeks ago that the manager doesn’t use injuries as an excuse, or words to that effect.

Was amazing today in the first half - I think we were 2-0 up, and he was going mad telling Digne something on the bench. You could see Digne was looking at him and saying “what?!” but the look on his face said that Unai is a mad man!

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Bayern would be stupid not to consider him.

Said before I think unais skill set might not be with top table teams and absolutely world class elite players, no doubt he'd win stuff there and be perfectly fine but at the same time I think he's better at getting teams like us, villarreal, sevilla etc and players like ours to find that extra gear and step up to the next level

Maybe it's the C&B specs but I genuinely think we're perfect for him 

Bayern he'd get a 3 or 4 year contract, he'd win the league 3 or 4 years and a couple of cups but I still don't think he'd be what they're looking for 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think we were 2-0 up, and he was going mad telling Digne something on the bench. You could see Digne was looking at him and saying “what?!” but the look on his face said that Unai is a mad man!

I was/am also wondering wtf was going on :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

First thing he says is I want to thank the supporters. The guy is not just a top manager and coach.  He gets it too! 

You can tell from the way he celebrates our goals how much it means to him too. Legend. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

Was amazing today in the first half - I think we were 2-0 up, and he was going mad telling Digne something on the bench. You could see Digne was looking at him and saying “what?!” but the look on his face said that Unai is a mad man!

I was coming into the thread to ask about this. From the North Stand we could see Unai was going mental at someone on the bench but couldn’t see who it was or why. It went on for ages though, I’d love to know what triggered it. 

This guy has changed this club in the 18 (?) months he’s been here. Would not have been able to do it with our fantastic owners as well.

We are fourth just as close to 1st as 6th despite a slump in form. It’s just amazing isn’t it?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bose said:

This guy has changed this club in the 18 (?) months he’s been here. Would not have been able to do it with our fantastic owners as well.

I wouldn't put it past him.

Build the statue.

• Like 1

He wants success so badly and its beginning to show on the sidelines, when he first came here he was relaxed in some close games, now he's all over the place, obsessed with winning. Superstar manager. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

The only thing that upsets me about Emery (though I have the utmost respect for it) is he never comes to the Holte after a match to take the plaudits. I get why, and its a strength, but I just want him to know how loved he is. 

11 minutes ago, blunther said:

The only thing that upsets me about Emery (though I have the utmost respect for it) is he never comes to the Holte after a match to take the plaudits. I get why, and its a strength, but I just want him to know how loved he is. 

He will on the last home game when CL football is secured. With Nas and Wes next to him. 

• Like 1

It's insane that he's done so well with a a back four that needs changing every week due to injuries, and the loss of Buendia and now Kamara. Must be a complete nightmare to work with that but he does it without complaining.

• Thanks 1

Â