Unai Emery

PeterSw

5 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Never seen him fired up like that. We've seen Unai the tactician, the professor and I think we just saw Unai the motivator. 

Unfortunately it did not rub off on the players.

He needs to stop the rot properly soon otherwise the fickle pitch forks are going to be coming out. If that happens and he goes I think that’s when I officially just give up. 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a lot of forward momentum as a club from Unai's very first day. 

I genuinely believe small things can be significant and the more I reflect the more I feel Heck's interventions have been unnecessarily distracting and we just haven't been the same since he messed with the badge and the stadium and talked Billy big shot about Champions League and rejecting bids for our players.

Could he not have just kept in the background and let us ad a club focus on the amazing season we were having? And made his announcements at the end of the season?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think, not for the first time, another error in the way he sets us up with Cash and Kamara.

Needs to figure this out for the next few matches.

Terrible performance tonight.

If it were Gerrard or Smith in the dugout he'd be given pelters for that.

Losing is ok it happens but what isn't ok is the team not even bothering to turn up against a team as terrible as Chelsea is.

It's going to take a massive turnaround to beat united the weekend now, if we play like we did tonight we may as well not bother.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Terrible performance tonight.

Losing is ok it happens but what isn't ok is the team not even bothering to turn up against a team as terrible as Chelsea is.

It's going to take a massive turnaround to beat united the weekend now, if we play like we did tonight we may as well not bother.

He knows it, he isn't going to hide from his responsibility. He'll be seething. 

Rubbish performances consistently for the past month and a bit. Biggest concern is nothing looks like changing at all. 

I see a lot of Unai won't be happy, it's become a common theme lately and yet we're trotting out the exact same. 

• Like 2

It's actually the apprehension to make changes earlier recently which is confusing me.

Even the commentators on BEIN commenting the same.

It was bad enough for changes to be made at half time, muchless as late as we did, strange!

• Like 3

Strange decisions tonight. No changes at half time and so no difference in performance or tactical structure in the second half. It was clear to see early on that this team wasn't going too improve without a few substitutions, but he left it over 70 minutes before making any. By then the game had pretty much gone and there wasn't much time to turn it around in any case. Then Emery makes two pointless subs in the 85 minutes...I really can't see the reasoning. All a bit bizarre and very unEmery-like.

Edited by Made In Aston

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I disagree. Gerrard would have been lauded as it would have been one of his best every managerial performances.

• Haha 2

The defence is obviously weaker than we'd like it but that is where we are at due to the injuries we have but I think the main problem Emery needs to solve are in midfield.

The balance and intensity of the midfiled in my opinion has not been right for quite a while now. Slow, slugglish and not one player in that midfield (McGinn, Luiz, Kamara or Tielemans)  with a turn of pace or who runs with the ball consistantly.

Hopefully Emery agrees and rectifies that and gets us playing with the intent to win at 0-0 rather than 0-3!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

The main problem is the players. They look incredibly anxious and it’s really impacting the performances. It was always going to be difficult to maintain our levels as the pressure cranked up. Our players aren’t used to being in this position. They aren’t handling it very well at the moment. All’s not lost yet though. There’s still a long way to go. UTV.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

FFS our on field dip in form has got absolutely nothing to do with Chris Heck.

Heck is the new Austin MacPhee 😜😂

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1

Â