Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

thats is just nuts tbh.

this is, bar a couple of players (ye prob more than a couple, but prob not more than a couple of first team players on thw whole), basically 90% the same squad that both Deano and Gerrard had.

71 points in 35 games, i mean......over a single season thats insane (if it were), i just hope we can keep it up for the whole of one season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

thats is just nuts tbh.

this is, bar a couple of players (ye prob more than a couple, but prob not more than a couple of first team players on thw whole), basically 90% the same squad that both Deano and Gerrard had.

71 points in 35 games, i mean......over a single season thats insane (if it were), i just hope we can keep it up for the whole of one season.

He is incredible… has done and continues to do such a fantastic job here and there will be no let up… deserves all the admiration and support that is possible.

I think we can keep the momentum going because Unai has done so well (and got this current crop of players performing to such a high level) despite the injuries to such key players, 2 of whom should be back soon (JJ & Moreno) and another who may be back sooner than expected (Buendia is involved and active at the training ground). I have no clues on Ty, hope he is doing ok and recovery is going well but no doubt it was the worst and most severe of all the injuries.

When those players return, I think it will “offset” factors such as fatigue, confidence, other knocks etc. And we’re talking about players that can go straight into the team and make it stronger. We have played without our strongest “left side” of the team for pretty much the whole of the season so far…

Returning players will really strengthen us and hopefully have a sustained run in the team/squad, rather than suffer any more reoccurrences. JJ & Moreno were two of our top performers last season… it will be excellent to have them fit and firing in that side!

Then we have the January window to reinforce the squad too.

The more players, of the right quality and level that Unai requires and demands, that are involved… the better we will be and the higher he can take us…

I think we will see a couple leave asap, not up to snuff. Hopefully we will be able to bring in better.

Another factor, is better form from some of our newest players. Just feel when Zaniolo gets his goal that he will for from strength to strength. Pau is already getting better, even Diaby can further improve. Tielemans…

Bailey has already been better this season and is playing with a smile on his face.

I think we can keep it going and be a real force…

Unai has dealt with the setbacks incredibly well… imagine how we’ll do when they are “resolved”…

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I guess its inevitable with Lange leaving, he will invite others close to him.

Seems like Mackenzie is back to Spurs again.

I have no idea, what that means to us....I guess Unai/ Monchi won't lose any sleep.

Full control and freedom for Unai and Monchi… no interference, less obstacles & disagreements.

The Unai-versity is almost reaching its final and complete form…

Monchi will have his own people and network working as he sees fit, aligned with his long time leader and colleague in Unai…who always has the final say. Vidagany and Monchi are Unai’s men, and we have employed others below them too…

We are the ideal club and environment for King Unai to reign supreme and thrive.

UTV!

• Like 1

On 30/10/2023 at 18:55, Pongo Waring said:

If (Big IF) Man United did come in for him surely he cant turn that job down?

It would be a big decision, but Man Utd is a poisoned chalice at the moment. It's an almost guaranteed failure.

I don't think it's mad to suggest that our next few seasons could easily be more successful than Man Utd's. Which would have seemed absolutely crazy a few years ago.

I think it would be a massive gamble for Emery to go there, and he'll be clever enough to know that

• Like 3

On 31/10/2023 at 07:55, Pongo Waring said:

If (Big IF) Man United did come in for him surely he cant turn that job down?

Absolute dribble scenario Andy Goldstein raised on Talkshite and Darren Bent rightly laughed and said neither Emery or Howe would leave stable club with ambitious owners for basket case Manure.

Emery doesn't come across as someone that cares about Manure hype compared to the project and free reign he's been given at Villa IMO

• Like 2

There is no way in the world he would take the Man Utd job. I’m 100 % confident he would turn it down.

He has unprecedented control (in the modern era) of a large premiership club that the owners have basically entrusted to him and said tell us what you want and we will do it.

We have hired all the people he specifically chose with the only non Emery hire in a senior role now Heck.

And we haven’t even got started yet. The owners will have made commitments to him re expenditure etc and the support he will get.

There’s not the remotest chance in a million years he would swap that level of support, empowerment and trust for the exact opposite with the current toxic environment at Old Trafford. He’s far too intelligent to make such a mistake again after experiencing first hand at Arsenal and PSG that not having full control basically means doing the job with one arm tied behind your back. 

The only jobs I can see him leaving us for are for Barcelona, Real Madrid and Spain and you couldn’t blame him for taking those jobs either. 

• Like 3

More evidence of the 'Emerevolution' (tm) and positive omens for the match at the weekend:

Away games played against bottom-half sides under Emery: 10
Points Won: 21/30 (2.1 ppg)
Record: 6 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat WWDWWDLWWD
Goals for/against: 13/5

This manager is good. Very, very good.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
maths is hard

You can tell, when we are doing well....when the outside noise is to try to disrupt the Unai Emery Juggernaut.

I think UE is sufficiently well versed from his experiences to know, when disingenuous, claims are made by tin pot journalists.

I would think he is too busy in planning his 90% residual work, to improve us.....to worry about outside noise.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

And yet we still have that shitty rag The Brum Mail pushing a  move to Man U. We should ban them from Villa Park and BMH or perhaps a chat with Monchi and Emi might help them see the light? I know they’re owned by the mirror group but they own other local rags that don’t continuously shit on their own doorstep. A disgrace to the city we should no longer tolerate them. 

They might be turning a corner Dave. (blind faith I know) but we now have the likes of John Townley represnting the Villa and to be fair, he's doing a good job so far, Quite impressive.

I'm sure if the Brum Mail/Birmingham live lot don't get their act together soon then he will probably move onto better things.

At the end of the day, they seem to still be a rag dominated by bitter Blue noses and sour Baggies, so it's no surprise to see some crap still being reported on us otherwise.

Anyway.. look at me flying off-topic.

Unai is a Legend already and he's only just getting going with the Villa project.

Oh yes. And Man Utd can dream on if they think they have any chance of getting Unai.

Anyone losing sleep over Unai leaving anytime soon should sought sleeping pills to aid the problem because it just isn't going to happen.

Unai Emery's Claret & Blue army!!  :flag:

• Like 2

Â