Unai Emery

PeterSw

I don't have any concerns about Emery going to Chelsea.

I do however worry about Real Madrid. For our sake we better hope they have a very sustained period of success under Ancelotti.

Edited by Mantis

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between where we were, and where we are since he came in, has got to be one of the starkest contrasts in the history of contrast

We are truly blessed to have him 😇

Edited by Adman
Typo

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

11 home wins in a row, some Villa managers never even won 11 home games for us

Didn't even need one of them mythical pre seasons that the dinosaurs need

Alex McLeish got 9 wins in 42 games. Emery has 22 in 38.

How times change.

Lambert btw had 34 wins in 115 games.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

He needs more pages. I hope his VT page count exceeds that of a certain biscuit shinned deserter, meaning he’s with us for many more years to come. I really think he can become our Fergie, Wenger, Guardiola, Klopp type leader. It’s a perfect match. 

• Like 4

We have sixty-eights points in thirty-four games since Emery took over, fourth best in the league, only three points off Liverpool and they have played a game more in that time, we've actually taken eleven more points than Brighton since Emery appointed, and exactly double the amount of points sorry Chelsea have taken

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The thing I love about the team he’s built is you know they’re going to play well most weeks, but you never know who the star players are going to be

Yes, we're very much a system team you feel, which is good because it means we're not overly reliant on individuals. Gone were the days were an injury to one certain key player would send us into a tailspin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Yes, we're very much a system team you feel, which is good because it means we're not overly reliant on individuals. Gone were the days were an injury to one certain key player would send us into a tailspin.

It’s like we’re a system team *but* each week Emery also has plans to get the most out of certain individuals, and let them shine. And some of the natural talent across the squad then shows through too, as we exploit specific weaknesses in the opposition

Â