Unai Emery

PeterSw

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Noticed this at the final whistle when I watched the game and YOU see De Zerbi almost blanks Emery and whatever he had to say in consolation.

Anyways I'm glad the media darlings got schooled.

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Milner on the Brighton bench for the Ramsey goal is doing his fruit in at the space they gave us in the run up. Keeps saying 'How?'  

As has been noted, that game obviously meant alot to him.

Don't think i've ever seen him celebrate so hard since he's been here.

He knows that was round 1 in the " Best of the rest " shootout and is probably tired of them getting all the plaudits as well. lol

• Like 2

On 01/10/2023 at 08:38, Follyfoot said:

The Media seems to have been mainly
meh about us. Quite glad to be honest, let them ignore Unai at their peril

I think its because of the donkey that came before was a God to the media. Can't be seen to undermine him, a rare few do give Unai the praise he deserves

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Noticed this at the final whistle when I watched the game and YOU see De Zerbi almost blanks Emery and whatever he had to say in consolation.

Anyways I'm glad the media darlings got schooled.

Tbf the guy is probably absolutely raging, it's one of the worst moments in his professional career and someone who inflicted that on him is yelling consolation in English with a heavy accent over a loud PA system and a roaring crowd. I think most managers the response would be "I can't hear you and I don't give a **** what you have to say right now" I'm sure they spoke after. Emery and De Zerbi are very complimentary of each other and I don't think that thumping involved any dirty tactics from either or anything that would make them dislike the other. 

At least he was more dismissive than outright confrontational or just a complete blank. He came over to shake hands. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Look how mental he went after Brighton scored !!  I have never seen him so animated. I think this was an important game to him in his plans for the season. 

We all love his passion, but his utter perfectionism, especially when we lasp, is more important. Unai sets the standards and I’m glad he won’t settle for mistakes no matter how small or large. 

This and Newcastle last season are huge statement wins. I think if we can follow this up with a midweek win I'll be very happy. Currently I'm still a bit worried about how patchy we are as soon as 2 or 3 of our best players get 45 mins rest. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Look how mental he went after Brighton scored !!  I have never seen him so animated. I think this was an important game to him in his plans for the season. 

It came from a really dubious free kick so I'm not sure if he's angry at the officials or the defending. Probably both 😅

• Like 1

Two things.

Yes, that game was really big for him. Huge, impassioned celebrations.

One day. One day... Unai will really enjoy a game at the very end. And he'll head over the Holte End in the aftermath of a win. The roof will need repairing I'd imagine.

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I also went a bit mental when Brighton scored, I just had a bad feeling that they would very soon aftet half-time, especially making 3 changes, and sure enough they did. I could then see a 3-3 or even a 3-4 happening, especially with about 10 mins added on these days, and was just dreading that. After such a great first half from us suddenly it looked like we were in danger of wasting it. The seagulls suddenly had hope. So I totally understand his anger that they scored when they did, I felt angry too.

• Like 1

His goal celebrations are works of art! I love his intensity. I love how he high-fives everyone on the bench. And I love how he's all business at the final whistle, quickly headed towards the dressing room or his office, whatever his routine is. He's probably immediately thinking about the next match. 

Nice head of hair, too. He looks good for his age.

• Like 1

Â