Unai Emery

PeterSw

Things you love to read.

“A lot has changed, to be honest, no disrespect to other managers because everyone has their own identity, but the manager has come in and has been really good,” he told the Claret & Blue Podcast. “He has set it out straight how he wants us to play, what targets he wants us to achieve and the main target last year was to get into Europe which we ended up doing so that was good, but as a coach he’s on another level.

“He has brought in great staff which helped it all massively. We have full-back coaches that do loads of work with the full-backs, we have striker coaches too. It’s all another level. I’ve never had stuff like that before so to be working with the two coaches that do the full-backs and the defensive side, in a short space of time the improvement we have seen has been really good. It’s all about little details and hopefully that can continue and keep progressing. That’s what he does with players, he makes them better.”

While that provided some insight into the infrastructure at the club and the work of the coaching staff that support Emery, Cash was also asked about the Spaniard and his dedication and commitment to the job. 

“He’s a workaholic, he works continuously, I don’t know exactly what time he goes home but I think for a manager of his stature and what he has achieved in the game, I think for him the only way is to work, work, work to progress, and as you can see what he has done here in a short space of time… he’s been in European football for 16 years, he’s worked at the top and he has a great platform here to carry on doing it. All credit to him because it’s fantastic to work with him and to play under him.

“We’ll always do the meeting two days before the game, and it’ll be an hour and a half, maybe longer sometimes. It’s mainly him talking and we’ll literally go over the whole game, if we play away, we’ll watch the away game, if we play at home, we’ll watch the home game.”

“The manager wants to make it like a family here, we have a good squad and he wants everyone to be tight and close together and I think that’s how you get better really, if you’re a team and you’re close together and you know each other well, then you want to work for each other and that’s the feel he’s trying to bring.”

https://talk-villa.com/matty-cash-unai-emery-aston-villa-insight-methods-influence/

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next season is shaping up to being the most exciting one I can remember. Same players that got us top 3 form under a world class manager, plus 3 top class signings to improve us, with more probably to come. With the added bonus of 5th place getting a CL spot, this could be a massive season for us. 

Edited by villarule123

I honestly can't remember the last season to start without me wondering if the manager would be sacked by Xmas.  

Now I would be surprised if we finished this season without the sight of Emery lifting a trophy!

On 20/07/2023 at 20:51, troon_villan said:

I honestly can't remember the last season to start without me wondering if the manager would be sacked by Xmas.  

Now I would be surprised if we finished this season without the sight of Emery lifting a trophy!

I'm thinking that if he doesn't lift a trophy he might be sacked!

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

On 31/05/2023 at 13:10, Chindie said:

I think it's a 60% win ratio on the league as well, which is mental for a non-CL/title chasing side.

That says such a lot and encompasses so many processes....as you say, mindblowing turn around.

He has come in and injected Organisation, togetherness and Harmony.......He nows going to bring in Hunger, hunger for the shirt, hunger to play in a winning side....by his increasing the squad with quality and his drive for perfection.

The man is special.....His Vision of what an elite side is, is up there with the best.....Its truly exciting to see it all unfold.

Its been a long time since we had all the pegs in the right holes, and that includes the owners, who I am highly grateful to.

I am not a fly on the wall, but it just seems like harmony has overtaken the club.

This man could easily go on the be the GOAT of Aston Villa managers and we are lucky to be around to witness it.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Just seeing a few videos and photos of us training over in the states and he is everywhere.

When Buendia is taking a free kick he is encouraging him.

He is encouraging Archer

He is literally training with the squad..

He is such a hands on coach , the players must be enjoying the sessions at the moment.

This to me just looks like a guy that loves going about his work at a club that trust abs supports him and wants success as much as he does. Never been so excited  about the start of a season 

• Like 1

Â