Unai Emery

PeterSw

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bizarre transfer Pepe was. £70!

Unai wanted Zaha, the Arsenal board went for Pepe. I think we know who was right!

Unai was more correct I don't know if he was right though. Zaha is good but I don't think he'd have been worth spending 60 million on

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Unai was more correct I don't know if he was right though. Zaha is good but I don't think he'd have been worth spending 60 million on

I like Zaha, and he has constantly performed in the premier league for a number of years. 

His contract ends tomorrow... could Unai make a move?!

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I like Zaha, and he has constantly performed in the premier league for a number of years. 

He's had more than 15 goal contributions one time in his career. Sure he's not had an amazing team his entire career. But I don't know if he'd have produced enough for that price. 

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

No thanks, don't like his sulking attitude and play acting. Also spending a bit of time in the treatment room most seasons 

• Like 2

I think Emery quite likes Bailey, seemed to use him quite a lot, despite his poor form. When he limits the flash stuff and simplifies what he does (running directly at his man without the stepovers, before cutting back), he can be very effective. Not saying totally eliminate the tricks, but earn the right to show them. Get two or three simple things right before you turn on the style. He was showing signs of that under Emery, so let's see.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes exactly that. I don’t think we should be turning our nose up at Zaha on a free when we currently have to play Leon Bailey. Who has his moments but really is quite shit

His wage demands will be ridiculous and he spend a lot of time injured so a big no, and that's not even taking his play acting into account. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I think Emery quite likes Bailey, seemed to use him quite a lot, despite his poor form. When he limits the flash stuff and simplifies what he does (running directly at his man without the stepovers, before cutting back), he can be very effective. Not saying totally eliminate the tricks, but earn the right to show them. Get two or three simple things right before you turn on the style. He was showing signs of that under Emery, so let's see.

Same. I think he sees the talent and potential there, in a player who obviously has a good attitude and work ethic, but is soft physically. 

He was unlucky not to have a fair few more assists last season too. 

This particular transfer window has me in mixed emotions: on the one hand, I trust Emery to turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad: it doesn’t matter who he signs. Then the realist in me taps on my shoulder and fears the impact any new signings will have on the tight-knit group of players Unai has worked with up to now.

Most of me thinks Emery can get a tune out of almost anyone and then there’s the Villa fan in me…and there’s the doubt. 

55 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This particular transfer window has me in mixed emotions: on the one hand, I trust Emery to turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad: it doesn’t matter who he signs. Then the realist in me taps on my shoulder and fears the impact any new signings will have on the tight-knit group of players Unai has worked with up to now.

Most of me thinks Emery can get a tune out of almost anyone and then there’s the Villa fan in me…and there’s the doubt. 

I totally understand what your saying, I've been through that & come through the othersde, I'm totally calm now knowing Emery will is charge I just know what ever he does or who he brings in it's for the very best of our football club. It's like dropping your kids off at the grandparents you know there in safe hands & you haven't got to worry about a thing, so sit back & just enjoy everything about our club & Unai Emery as he won't be here for ever so let's enjoy the moment whilst it lasts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Ancelotti will be leaving Madrid is 2024 to take over the Brazil national team. Could Don Emery be tempted with a move to Madrid next summer?

You know how to ruin a Sunday don't you 😡

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Ancelotti will be leaving Madrid is 2024 to take over the Brazil national team. Could Don Emery be tempted with a move to Madrid next summer?

I have zero concerns, the owners have set up Unai with the best environment to thrive and be comfortable in. He won’t get this amount of freedom and control at a club like that, this is a long term project for him and he wants to have success with us… we are building something special.

Unai can draw on past experiences too…

I don’t think he chases the money/glory either, he has such passion and enjoyment for the game… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

That tweet is a long winded way of saying:

’this is the difference between the apprentice and the master’

Â