Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I do think he/we might struggle a bit if we've got Europe and Premier League next season. Less time to focus a game plan for the opposition when players are playing 2 games a week

Emery only works 12 hours a day at the moment.  There's at least another 4 hours a day there he can squeeze in if he needs to. 

49 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I do think he/we might struggle a bit if we've got Europe and Premier League next season. Less time to focus a game plan for the opposition when players are playing 2 games a week

I think we'll be fine. European football tends to be played at a lower pace, and if you look at us under Emery then you'll see, Newcastle game and possibly Leicester apart, we've tended to play at a lower european pace and a style of football suited to the European stage. We'll also recruit with the extra competition and games in mind.

From the press conference:

"Myself as well, i cannot stop, i cannot relax and i have to be the same coach coaching each match, training for each match, analysing each match like i was 5 months ago, like two weeks ago when we went to Chelsea".

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

From the press conference:

"Myself as well, i cannot stop, i cannot relax and i have to be the same coach coaching each match, training for each match, analysing each match like i was 5 months ago, like two weeks ago when we went to Chelsea".

He also said the Newcastle performance was the best since he's been here, but it wasn't enough.

Imagine smashing the best defense in the league, and then saying it could be better 🤣

What a man.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

He also said the Newcastle performance was the best since he's been here, but it wasn't enough.

Imagine smashing the best defense in the league, and then saying it could be better 🤣

What a man.

Yup, this is big boy mentality mate.

He is totally shifting the dynamic and mindstate here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think he'd be satisfied even if we won the league, he'd say we could have done it better 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Meanwhile, a certain scouse 'manager' cries into his cornflakes about how 11th-placed Chelsea are not wiping the floor with Villa (it's the same season!), and how he's not a shoe-in for the Liverpool job. Night and day.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think he'd be satisfied even if we won the league, he'd say we could have done it better 🤣

The poor wife makes a near perfect Michelin star meal.

Emery: " It is ok but you have to inprove... I am so demanding about my steak "

• Haha 2

He's basically demanding what I've always said is impossible for us. Absolute consistency.

You do need a certain level of player, but you can tell he wasn't happy with the Forest match. The Leicester match away. Obviously, the Leicester match at home.

Like so so many times down the years, if the players drop a stinker v Brentford having shown some of their best form only the week before, they're getting it from the boss. He will not stand for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Where do people watch his press conferences?! I can't find it on YouTube. AVTV is **** useless. I'd love to see The Maestro in action, but don't know where to find him!

It's normally on the official Facebook or twitter pages. 

24 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Where do people watch his press conferences?! I can't find it on YouTube. AVTV is **** useless. I'd love to see The Maestro in action, but don't know where to find him!

Links to the full interview from there if you want it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â