Unai Emery

PeterSw

8 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just watched Professor Emery's press conference...

Could listen to him for hours, so interesting.

Talks of progress consistently, he's a winner.

I remember with fondness Gregory, Little, Big Ron and Taylor but Emery is on another level.

Just been watching his Masterclass video from when he beat Liverpool 3-1 in the EL final. Its the stuff of dreams for anyone who is lucky enough to have him at their club. 

We really are blessed. What a manager.

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unai emery, Tyrone Mings and John McGinn have all talked about remaining humble over the last week so it is obviously a theme within the walls on bodymoor

Luckiky I’m not there though cos I’ve everything but, strutting around giving it the big one to anyone who will listen 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Good article on Emery in today's Guardian. 

It’s a nice read, and a little insight into what we Villa fans are already aware of with Emery’s approach. Seems we are no longer  flying under the radar after last week, we’re very much the talk of the town now. 

As a 44yr old I wasn’t lucky enough as some supporters to remember our glory days. I know the name’s of course, Saunders, Withe, Gray, Mortimer, Shaw etc. 

My grandkids may not remember 2023, but I’m absolutely sure they will know the name Unai Emery. This guy is going to give us an amazing future.

Unai Emery record breaker:

"Aston Villa have scored in all 19 of their Premier League games under Unai Emery - it's the longest consecutive scoring run any team has had from the start of a manager's tenure in the competition's history."   (From Sky)

Wow! Fantastic achievement!

What a lovely change from all the times this century when sometimes we had to wait weeks and weeks just for our team to score a goal, let alone win!

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

unreal.

7 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses in the last 9 games.

2.05 PPG average over 19 PL games since he joined.

Due to him working near miracles, we are in a scenario where i hope we dont lose sight of how brilliant he has been, if we dont qualify for Europe.

What a brilliant post. Thank you for the reset!

This Emery guy we all speak of is a monster of a manager the turn around of these players since Gerrard ball is remarkable. Starting to notice the small things like yesterday when we scored the equaliser in the 87th minute you could see Mcginn's mentality was not to celebrate but to grab the players who were celebrating back to the game so we could push on & try & get the winner & oh boy did we come close on to occasion. Previous managers would of been happy with seeing out a good point, none of that under the current manager. Love this club, love the manager & I'm convinced we will win something under Unai Emery.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, picicata said:

If we do miss out on Europe I'm sure there will be some initial disappointment having given ourselves the chance to qualify but I do think most fans are intelligent enough to see the bigger picture. The excitement and anticipation of having Unai build his squad in the summer and then a full season under him, without a scouse handicap, will be truly tantalising to most

Just bringing the excitement back to the club and the optimism and giving us a footballing identity again.

We were allowed to dream of top 4 ( for a week) with just 7 games remaining and now that dream is over.

Each summer we are optimistic but that has normally disappeared by Christmas, this time round it just feels like we have all the correct tools in place for once rather than just one massive tool thinking they are the be all and end all.

So while our very brief dream of top 4 is over, we are still in the mix for top 7, so that dream is still real.

If we don't finish in the top 7 then obviously there will be disappointment, but being disappointed is not the same as say Chelsea, who are devastated and spurs if we finish above them, and arse if they blow the title.

• Like 1

After Brentford scored and Emery made the triple substitution we had a total of 1.68 xG from 72nd min onwards. All through the exact attacking structures we seen from us now. In terms of positives if you're Emery you've got to love that response. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I'm excited for Emery having a bigger and (and when fit) squad so he has the different pieces for all his possible game plans. 

He running at Stratford today in the 4.15... No6 currently 16/1 

Â