Unai Emery

PeterSw

17 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

The bible speaks of a jealous god, so more than one god. So, we can have him and McGrath as Gods

We're building a pantheon of gods. Who will be next, I wonder?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Without trying to ruin his lovely numbers its 2.03 per league game now. 35 pts from 17. Still absolutely incredible..

It’s actually 2.06 per game in the league.

That is 78 points over the season. If we was offered 78 points for next season would we take that, or do we expect Emery to do even better next seasons with a few of his own signing?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Currently at Villa in the premier League his win percentage is 70.59% for him. In all competitions it's 63.16%.

Incredible turnaround since the Don took charge.

Elite.

You have one win too much. His record is 11 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses in the league and two additional losses in the cup. 
That means 65.7% win rate in the league and 57.89% in all competitions. 
Still some amazing numbers, don’t think any previous Villa manager have numbers that even get close. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Would we take our best ever points finish? By a country mile? Give over.

Agree. Emery is a truly world class coach and the best thing that’s happened to us for as long as I can remember. But Liverpool and Chelsea won’t be as bad next season, Arsenal, City and UTD will all improve, and Newcastle will seemingly have a huge budget. 

Next season will be tough, cementing ourselves in the top 8 would be incredible. I think talk of top 4 is very ambitious at this point. 

11 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

It’s actually 2.06 per game in the league.

That is 78 points over the season. If we was offered 78 points for next season would we take that, or do we expect Emery to do even better next seasons with a few of his own signing?

Haha wou;d we take a total thats qualified for the top 4 all but one year of the premier league? 

Just a reminder not that anyone needs it but since emery came in, these are the player we have released  or loaned out who were part of the 1st team squad, and brought in

Out

Augustinsson

bednarek

gilbert

archer

sanson

Nakamba

Ings

In

Moreno

Duran

Traore ( back from loan)

Just goes to highlight even more with the limited pool of players, how good a job he is doing and the players performing.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 11:33, viivvaa66 said:

You have one win too much. His record is 11 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses in the league and two additional losses in the cup. 
That means 65.7% win rate in the league and 57.89% in all competitions. 
Still some amazing numbers, don’t think any previous Villa manager have numbers that even get close. 

correct.

He means business and due to his ordeal with Arsenal I think he's still holding something back. But he hasn't had a **** everyone atmosphere at Villa Park get when everyone comes together as one, maybe this will be on Saturday?😉

• Like 3

Was it Lambert who had a poster up in his office about us beating Sunderland 6-0?

Whoever it was, imagine Emery doing something like that…the mind boggles at some of the chancers we’ve had managing us. 

20 hours ago, TRO said:

playing well is subjective, for me to win 10 draw 2 and lose 4 is playing well...despite a few blips with Leicester and Stevenage.

We are work in Progress, and we all know we need new players, so what has been done by the manager and players, is phenomenal.

currently, most players have improved dramatically and one of two, still lacking imo.

Parts of our play, is great, other parts need improving, but it will all take time and money.

The results are likely to camouflage the performances, right now, but we will get there, if we recruit right.

The style is subjective, i get that, but I will take that for the greater good of 3 points.

The one thing that encourages me more than anything is.......UE sees things......I wasn't convinced previous managers did, to the same degree.

The Greater Gooood

Â