Unai Emery

PeterSw

10 hours ago, burchy said:

Love him but one thing that stands out for me is he’s doing this without his own players.

Imagine how good he and we are going to be when we have bought ‘his’ players and they’ll be better than those playing now.

happy days ahead 😎

Ah, but he's  making them "his" players. 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

in reality, i dont think he could do much better with a team of his choosing.

Granted he will improve the team and make us more consistent in the way he wants us to play (hopefully), but to improve on his league form right now is unlikely.

for example, he is averaging 2.33 PPG in the league since he joined, thats an 89 point season.......

Not saying we wont do well next season, but to expect us to maintain a 2.33 PPG avg is highly unprobable?

maybe not.......but it seems we are just having one heck of a run right now, 2.33 PPG avg. is total madness, but hopefully we can be close to that next season?, who knows.

not trying to be a debbie downer, just saying that maintaining 2.33 PPG avg is just.....unlikely?

I thought his career average was about 2ppm? When I read it I thought no way is that going to extend in the Premier League, but he is exceeding that already, so who knows? Maybe he is actually a genius - it’s a perfect fit as we are an under-the-radar kind of team.

Usually the average falls over time but his is improving! I would say Never say Never, something special is brewing,the run to the end of the season will paint the picture. Is he exceeding Howe’s impact at Newcastle last season?

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

in reality, i dont think he could do much better with a team of his choosing.

Granted he will improve the team and make us more consistent in the way he wants us to play (hopefully), but to improve on his league form right now is unlikely.

for example, he is averaging 2.33 PPG in the league since he joined, thats an 89 point season.......

Not saying we wont do well next season, but to expect us to maintain a 2.33 PPG avg is highly unprobable?

maybe not.......but it seems we are just having one heck of a run right now, 2.33 PPG avg. is total madness, but hopefully we can be close to that next season?, who knows.

not trying to be a debbie downer, just saying that maintaining 2.33 PPG avg is just.....unlikely?

Without trying to ruin his lovely numbers its 2.03 per league game now. 35 pts from 17. Still absolutely incredible..

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

UNO LARGE BEER POOR VOR FOR

SEA

I know a lad who years ago got a job in Italy selling Encyclopaedias, he spoke no Italian but learnt his sales pitch parrot fashion. Then a few years later a load of us went to Italy skiing and he said he could still speak Italian but in reality all he could say was, “Do you want to buy an Encyclopaedia?”

Amazing how well he did with the Italian ladies during the obligatory 15 pints of apres ski refreshments. 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Amazing how well he did with the Italian ladies during the obligatory 15 pints of apres ski refreshments

But did they buy any encyclopaedias off him? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

No he’d only learnt the introduction, but not the close. Couldn’t get the deal over the line. 😅

We’ve lost contact now but for a while he was colour editor of the Brum Mail. That should probably tell you all you need to know!

Has any manager had so many songs dedicated to him? 

Ii even heard a version of the "he drinks the lager he drinks the Jager" one but couldn't quite make out the lyrics. 

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Love the thanking of the fans he always does in interviews. Not his style to go round applauding after games, no worries. Never lets an interview go by without saying thanks to the fans, we're doing this together.

Noticed this too. He said when he took the job here that he'd learnt things from his time with arsenal. Their fans are a bunch of delusional entitled nobheads (AFTV you get me blud), and contributed greatly to the rough time he had there.

I wonder if he's made a priority of getting the fans onside from the get go. (Not that he needs to with the performance of the team).

The fact Emery has got us in Premier League title running form with an entire squad he inherited and probably slightly weakened in January window. 

I'd be over the moon with 8th given we're in the hunt for Europe now and will be forever while Emery is here. 

6 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Noticed this too. He said when he took the job here that he'd learnt things from his time with arsenal. Their fans are a bunch of delusional entitled nobheads (AFTV you get me blud), and contributed greatly to the rough time he had there.

I wonder if he's made a priority of getting the fans onside from the get go. (Not that he needs to with the performance of the team).

He knows how it helps the players. So he wants to let the fans know they're part of the team. The top sides when they're behind their fans get behind them an believe they can come back and that belief transfers to the players. 

You see this most evident in Rugby where there are huge physical efforts needed and home advantage is bigger than in football because of the fans driving their team on.

Emery knows we need to tap this energy. 

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I know a lad who years ago got a job in Italy selling Encyclopaedias, he spoke no Italian but learnt his sales pitch parrot fashion. Then a few years later a load of us went to Italy skiing and he said he could still speak Italian but in reality all he could say was, “Do you want to buy an Encyclopaedia?”

Amazing how well he did with the Italian ladies during the obligatory 15 pints of apres ski refreshments. 😂😂

Joey Barton would be proud.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Filing the necessary papers on Monday to have him as my new dad. 

I'd do the same but would be strange having a man 2 weeks younger than me as my dad 😂

17 hours ago, sne said:

Scored in 17 straight games. 19 points out of 21 in the last 7.

Since Emery's first game against Man United we have taken 35 points in 17 games. On that form, had he taken charge the whole season so far, we would be third on 61 points projecting 78 points this season.

Next season is going to special 🤤💜💙

• Like 1

Currently at Villa in the premier League his win percentage is 70.59% for him. In all competitions it's 63.16%.

Incredible turnaround since the Don took charge.

Elite.

Edited by stewiek2

Â