Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’d rather that didn’t happen to be honest. 

It won’t, but, if it did, it will allow us to go for similar calibre coaches now. 

Edited by Tayls

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Some people on here genuinely worried about Emery leaving... After 15 games 😂😂😂😂. I really hope no opposing fans see the comments as they will be in stitches! Embarrassing! 

I don’t think anyone is worried? 

• Shocked 1

Chelsea paid 21 million for Potter. Well Emery would cost them a cool 100 million (they ain't paying that). Feels good to have owners who you know won't get financially muscled and will absolutely get the best deal for the club. 

I don't believe there's much loyalty left in football, but Emery has class. I genuinely believe there's no chance he considers for one second leaving us after 15 games. He's been sold the project, he'll want to give it a good go.

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Chelsea paid 21 million for Potter. Well Emery would cost them a cool 100 million (they ain't paying that). Feels good to have owners who you know won't get financially muscled and will absolutely get the best deal for the club. 

Also, Emery doesn't strike me as someone who would tuck tail and run to another club at the first opportunity, especially after he's just started getting settled at a new job .  If that was the case he would have left Villarreal before he did.

• Like 2

To really appreciate the impact of proper coaching, Tyrone Mings has to be the absolute best and most visible example of the impact that Emery has had on the players.  Mings has had some very clear "basic defending" flaws to his game throughout his time at the club, namely his 1v1 defending (never getting close enough to his opponent), not closing down on shots (trying to be a second goalkeeper if you will), and his habit of always dropping behind the rest of the back-four and playing opponents onside.  Under Dean Smith (and John Terry) and Gerrard these bad habits were never corrected.  Just four months with Unai and his staff and he's looking like all of those issues have been resolved.  

• Like 1

Kinda surprised and saddened that no one with more ability and time on their hands have made one of these yet featuring Emery as the grim reaper.

Death Knocking On Doors - Meming Wiki

Leicester even sacked Rodgers ahead of our game to spare him :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

A manager's life cycle at a club is basically between 2-3 years. 

That's certainly how things mostly go with the head coach model, but it doesn't always go like that. The life cycle of a 'project' tends to be 2 or 3 years, bring the needed players in, go for the objectives, that's normally a 2/3 year thing. The British culture though, with the not very well defined manager role has a tendency to throw up these long reigns at clubs. If who you have in place for your first set of objectives succeeds without burning their bridges with the players then why not give them first go at the next 2/3 year cycle and next objectives to reach.

It doesn't feel like Emery is here to get a few players in, get us into Europe/top 6 for one season and then go. Like say Conte would do.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Someday Emery will leave, let's just enjoy it.  

When he does eventually leave, we will be in a much better position than when he joined.

He usually sees out his contract at clubs or near to it. This excluding his time in Moscow and Arsenal. He’s already worked for rich idiotic owners at Psg and Spartak Moscow I don’t think he’ll be falling into the same trap again.

Well, it took them till' nearly 9am but that moose on Talksport just mentioned 'I wonder how long Emery will be at Villa with the job he's doing'. 

The media just can't help themselves can they, absolutely no need to mention that this morning. 

Â