Unai Emery

PeterSw

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11682741/Unai-Emery-desperate-mark-Aston-Villa-month.html

"Unai Emery has the keys to the Aston Villa castle, none of his predecessors have ever had this much control... the Spaniard is desperate to put his mark on the team this month with a European place in his mind."

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11682741/Unai-Emery-desperate-mark-Aston-Villa-month.html

"Unai Emery has the keys to the Aston Villa castle, none of his predecessors have ever had this much control... the Spaniard is desperate to put his mark on the team this month with a European place in his mind."

But of course he would have significantly more say than Gerrard or Deano. He is a vastly experienced and successful Coach. So when he is giving his assessment of the playing squad and the types/profile of players in positions he wants. When he suggests the names the data and scouting analysis probably confirms his views. This is a world away from Gerrard who wouldn't have a clue about players in Spain or Italy. I'm sure Gerrard was gven big leeway for Coutinho and Digne signings, a player he played with and a PL player. The CDM options were put together by the scouting team and in the end they were successful with Kamara. I also feel the scouting took Gerrards request for a ball playing CB and the data gave Carlos at the top. 

So the dynamic here is that Gerrard wouldn't have the knowledge to give player suggestions to fit the profile they were looking for anywhere near the level Emery can and is. 

54 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

But of course he would have significantly more say than Gerrard or Deano

You see. On Gerrard I think he had a lot of say, club signings in that time were probably Carlos and Kamara, but we wouldn't have been pursuing Digne, Coutinho et al without him in the hotseat. 

I imagine the relationship with Lange and his team is much better with Unai and the ship is going in a unified direction. 

13 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont get it?!

Under Sg and DS etc players were in and out like a revolving door.Now,we finally have an A-List manager and we seem to be stuck in neutral.FFS.

Emery is trying to get a higher calibre of player hence it’s more difficult for us to convince them to come. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I did the tour at a similar time and yes the guide wasn't very complimentary about Gerrard.  Touches like taking all the furniture out of the manager's room in the tunnel because he didn't want to meet with the opposition manager after the game, when really he needed all the help he could get to learn.  Emery had it all put back in straight away.

GERRARD IS SUCH A word removed!

(On topic, Emery is not).

22 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Interesting. One of the repliers said they had a tour just after Gerrard left - the tour guide was not complimentary about him.

Not surprised Emery removed any cliques. Apparently it was known by Liverpool fans during Gerrards captaincy that the dressing room had multiple cliques in it

Glad Unai removed that as its horrible for team spirit

It shows what an impact this guy has had on us that I’m honestly gutted we aren’t playing today, and that I have to wait another bloody week to watch us. I’ve not looked forward to watching us play as much as this for a long time. 

In before some smart arse points out thst we aren’t playing today because Emery got turned over by Stevenage 🤣

Â