Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

It’s good for us as fans to know what is going on, but is it a comfortable situation for the players? It’s very publicly talking about their careers and almost making it seem as though they aren’t wanted… 

Its great, but almost seems a little dangerous… 

Possibly but if he’s already had and open discussion with the player about I can’t see it being a problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm really liking the way he talks about the squad and transfers. Everything seems thought out and carefully planned and he talks about it almost like a tool kit, like he has two screwdrivers and he'd like a set of pliers instead; "I have a striker that plays like this, but I want a winger who can do this instead." He's planning for the tactical fluidity he wants by getting different types of players and giving himself a set of tools that will allow him to play his way.

He's honest and open about who can go and clear on the types of players he wants - there seems to be a very organised mind in operation here - the communication is sharp and concise and there's no woolliness or doubt in the words he uses.

It's impressive.

I was about to say very similar. I like how to says who is leaving and why they are. I'm fully expecting quality signings too, no more end of career purchases but younger and experienced too. 

• Like 1

From Percy article I am convinced this is like when City got Pep. The club changed top to bottom at City. Pep got on his preferred sporting director etc..

Seems Emery as an outstanding coach and vastly experienced has been given the football operations. Purslow is probably focussing on all non football matters. 

Feel Lange really is either due a smaller role or is basically on his way out. 

• Like 1

All this control but for not one minute do i think he will use it to the detriment of the club.  Demanding money will not be his way.  He will be the modern day Wenger. Run it like its his own but importantly run it like its his own money as well. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

All this control but for not one minute do i think he will use it to the detriment of the club.  Demanding money will not be his way.  He will be the modern day Wenger. Run it like its his own but importantly run it like its his own money as well. 

Yeah I was thinking that with a bit of luck he could be our version of Wenger.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

It’s good for us as fans to know what is going on, but is it a comfortable situation for the players? It’s very publicly talking about their careers and almost making it seem as though they aren’t wanted… 

I think it's really smart, to the fans he's just told us that Nakamba can leave and that Sanson will be used where required but can leave also. The players will already know this.

What it also does is say's to clubs I've got these two players for sale, one of which I think is a quality player but doesn't currently fit into my side. It puts them in the shop window, it get's their names out there in articles and in the media. 

• Like 1

Emery doesn’t take any prisoners, if he doesn’t want you he tells you. I like straight talkers in life who are upfront, you know where you stand. Honesty is becoming a thing of the past because people don’t like the truth. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

“When he looks me in the eye, he will get opportunities” - Steven Gerrard, 2022

“Screw right tools up down thinking scissors Elton John” - Unai Emery, 2023

We’ve come so far.

Amazingly, Emery still made more sense there, lol.

18 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This amount of control needs an equal amount of commitment.  And i think we are going to see that.  If we can keep him in the role for 5 6 or 7 years then we will see the fruits of this magic man. 

If he’s here for 7 years we’ll win the league in that time. And we’ll win the Europa League too (Guaranteed to surely).

On 20/01/2023 at 04:53, Tayls said:

it is much better to have everyone on the same page. he does it respectfully and puts a full stop on these things which is better for the players and their careers.

The answer in the press conference about 11.30 is so good.

He says in effect when a new manager comes in everyone is keen to step up and work, but you can tell he thinks the players have dropped off slightly. 

This will not be stood for. They are getting grilled.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

If he’s here for 7 years we’ll win the league in that time. And we’ll win the Europa League too (Guaranteed to surely).

The idea that he won’t be hounded out in 1-2 years is just inconceivable 

Â