Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I've wanted from our recent managers, stuff like triple subs with 10 minutes left just to freshen things up in key areas.

Of course it all goes to waste if Colwill scores that header but he's still doing stuff the previous managers weren't and it contributed to a very good three points.

In a nice position in the league now so I think we'll see more progressive play from January onwards.

We'll give Liverpool a very good game, scandal we have to wait over six weeks for that fixture now.

Well done Unai anyway, nice to be managed by someone from the football 21st century at long last.

• Thanks 1

I know it’s early days and it’s still the honeymoon period where everything is great but I’m absolutely loving Emery. 

We can play football but then when it’s time, turn into absolute massive shithouses time wasting at every opportunity. I **** love it. 

That really is a huge result going into the break now. 3 points off Europe, who says no? 😏

6 points against United and Brighton away, would have been lucky to scrape 1 under Gerrard I feel.

Only going to improve as the squad become accustomed and Carlos to return. Also to be cliche but Sanson could also be like a new-signing.

Squad quality is clearly there to be at least pushing top-half, that nonsense can now firmly be put to bed, and as a bonus Emery will have the opportunity in Jan to further improve where he identifies.

Very easy for me to say now, but I think if you’d have offered me winning these two league matches or winning in the cup, I’d pick the league wins.

Great result today, Unai. Looking forward to seeing what he can do following this break.

• Like 2

Â