Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i agree.

we didnt sit back, we didnt try to soak up pressure, we actually gave them a game and were it not for 3 terrible pieces of defending where we literally gave them goals for free, would have been a different game.

All it showed me tbh is that i can see the way we want to play, some players are looking good, but some are really showing themselves up.

Unai played this one different with the high line. I think Unai wanted to see the high line in action so they can work out the kinks over the winter break. We definitely aren't ready to roll that out for any league match. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

He will have learnt a lot from seeing some of our squad players tonight.  

I agree. It was a worthwhile evening from that point of view. Unai cannot work miracles. We have players who just implode under the smallest amount of pressure. He will get it right but we must be patient.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’m afraid I agree with a lot of this. The club bangs on about winning trophies but then changes 4 of the back 5 in the third round, 4 days before a 6 week break. 

I don’t think we were that bad tonight and Olsen was primarily the reason we lost but that’s just it isn’t it, he shouldn’t have been playing. 

Of all the positions on a football pitch, the keeper does not need to be rested. 

tbh, maybe he just wanted to see him in a game, to get an idea if he is good enough going forward.

he got his answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surely that’s what training is for? No need to gamble in a winnable cup comp. 

i dunno, im not Emery?

emery said pre match he wanted to give players chances and see what they can do.

.....he got his answer with some of them.

6 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Unai played this one different with the high line. I think Unai wanted to see the high line in action so they can work out the kinks over the winter break. We definitely aren't ready to roll that out for any league match. 

Doubt that was his plan considering the team he selected. 

I'm truly not that fussed about tonight. Unai will have found an awful lot out tonight from those on the fringe and those in the starting line up. I think only Young gets any credit at the back. Dougie, Kamara and JJ looked good together in parts. Ollie starting to gain confidence again. As for McGinn, I don't see a long term future for him under Emery, I just don't. Augustinson, Olsen, McGinn will be freeing up spots in the squad come the summer at the latest. 

I think there will be some cut throat decisions next summer with our owners backing Unai to put this right. 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dunno, im not Emery?

emery said pre match he wanted to give players chances and see what they can do.

.....he got his answer with some of them.

I'd rather he experimented in the league.

This was a chance to win a trophy.

Mark my words and I'll quote this post. We all know thos team are mentally weak. They can't deal with any setbacks or adversity. The points gained from losing positions is the worst in the league every year. 

We hope Emery can change it. We hope Gerrard was the problem but we all know it's the team. We know when things get a bit tough they capitulate. They have the safety net of a new manager and new manager bounce.

This team are the problem at the football club. I know we want to bel they aren't. But we all know they are. It won't change until we get rid of 4 or 5 players.

McGinn, Mings, Konsa, Watkins, Luiz can all fetch good prices and I've just had enough of them and their association with the club's problems. I just want them gone and new players signed. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Mark my words and I'll quote this post. We all know thos team are mentally weak. They can't deal with any setbacks or adversity. The points gained from losing positions is the worst in the league every year. 

We hope Emery can change it. We hope Gerrard was the problem but we all know it's the team. We know when things get a bit tough they capitulate. They have the safety net of a new manager and new manager bounce.

This team are the problem at the football club. I know we want to bel they aren't. But we all know they are. It won't change until we get rid of 4 or 5 players.

McGinn, Mings, Konsa, Watkins, Luiz can all fetch good prices and I've just had enough of them and their association with the club's problems. I just want them gone and new players signed. 

4 of those players are just fine. 

• Like 1

Â