Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always said top managers doesn't need time .

I think it's an overused term to give an excuse to bad managers.

Sure good managers will improve on things over time but the idea of a manager needing years to put his ideas across to his players is a total non sense.

Gerrards needs a pre season. He needs a pre season they said. No. Turns out he is still a bad manager no matter how many pre  seasons he gets.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Always said top managers doesn't need time .

I think it's an overused term to give an excuse to bad managers.

Sure good managers will improve on things over time but the idea of a manager needing years to put his ideas across to his players is a total non sense.

Gerrards needs a pre season. He needs a pre season they said. No. Turns out he is still a bad manager no matter how many pre  seasons he gets.

I completely agree. Gerrard does need time to learn what being a manager is actually about. Maybe he should watch emery a bit and he might learn a few things. The give them time thing is usually the managers mates trying to help them out or justify their position. I am not sure how much time we were meant to give gerrard? Presumably to the point where he relegated us and had us consolidating 14th spot in the championship but even that might have been to soon for some. 

a good manager has walked in and given a squad of decent if not world beating players a game plan, belief and tactics. Look what happens! Even if you ignore the score and just look at the performance and belief of the players it’s like night and day to Gerard’s team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

The MOTD highlights pretty much showed our goals and the rest was Man United. Whilst they had their moments, it was made to look like it was 70% them and 3 shots-3goals for us 😂

And concentrated on how poor Man U were, especially in midfield.  Absolutely zero explanation about how our tactics dragged them about and created those holes in midfield. 

Thanks for the insight fellas. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

The lack of a system in his system was amazing.

I saw:

• Both Mings and Konsa break forward from defense at different times - all the way to the forward line
  • Dendonker as the most forward player
  • Bailey on the left, no, the right, no, the left again!
  • Buendia dropping deep to get the ball, playing advanced central, playing left
  • Digne and Cash only breaking forward occasionally
  • Emi Martinez taking more touches with his feet than any other game in recent memory
  • 4-4-2, then 4-2-3-1,  then 4-3-1-2, then 4-5-1 all at different times in the game.

The fluidity caught us out a few times, as we had players suddenly occupying the same space and getting in each others way - but image how good this will be after being coached in it for more than a few days!

I'm excited.

He actually said in one of the press conferences that he's not really bothered about formations. It's more about players doing their jobs in situations. I guess this gives loads of flex and explains why the formation seems so fluid. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And concentrated on how poor Man U were, especially in midfield.  Absolutely zero explanation about how our tactics dragged them about and created those holes in midfield. 

Yep.

Whereas we were absolutely brilliant, tactically perfect. They just didn’t want to see that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He actually said in one of the press conferences that he's not really bothered about formations. It's more about players doing their jobs in situations. I guess this gives loads of flex and explains why the formation seems so fluid. 

A Basque Steve Bruce 😛

• Haha 3

Feels great to wake up this morning and look forward to the extended highlights. In a season where I’ve purposely missed watching games and not bothered with the highlights, I’m finally glad to have my enthusiasm back. 

I know it’s only one game, but it means so much as it effectively resets our future course and gives us all so much hope and enjoyment. Soak it up lads! It will be four days until we do it again :D

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I Wouldn't mind but they didn't really create much. Goal was a deflection, Ronaldo chance came from a Konsa deflection. One half chance from Garnacho was mainly it

Can’t help shake that nagging feeling that this season has been an unnecessary waste. We really should have picked up 6-8 points more against the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest and Leeds. Not to mention we were very, very good against Chelsea for the most part.

Hopefully Emery can get us fighting for a top 10 finish. I still think we’re short of a few players to do it but for the first time in however long, I really have faith in our manager. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

Â