Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Some things you can't teach, you've either got it or you haven't. 

SG has left the building, get him out your loaf.

So when we had 15 clean sheets and the 2nd best record in defending leads, what was that? Same players largely. It's not about Gerrard. It's about Emery. I believe he can change the mentality. 

• Like 2

He's in Brum. Currently waiting for the keys to his new fla dodgy landlord (sttevw Bruce? He's looking forward to living on the Alum Rock road with its plethora of kebab shops and panaromiic views of Saltley Gas Works and the now demolished Bloomsbury Street zlibrary...welcome Unai

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Percy:

Unai Emery has signed the longest managerial contract in Aston Villa’s history, as he prepares to officially start work this week.

Emery was appointed last Monday evening and is understood to have agreed a lucrative deal at least four-and-a-half years in length, underlining the commitment of owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens to their new head coach.

Villa paid £5.2 million in compensation to lure the former Arsenal manager from Villarreal, offering terms which will be worth above £25 million net over the course of the contract.

NSWE are targeting European football as part of their ambitious plans and believe Emery, who has lifted the Europa League four times, can help lead them to a bright future.

The details of the contract have not been officially revealed by Villa but it is believed to be longer than Emery’s predecessors Steven Gerrard and Dean Smith, also beating the previous record set by Rémi Garde, who signed a four-year deal when he joined Villa in November 2015.

Emery has been forced to wait before taking his first training session at Villa’s Bodymoor Heath complex as he waits for his work visa. It is understood there are no concerns and Emery, who flew into the UK on Monday, will take training on Wednesday.

He is bringing in up to eight new backroom staff members, following a clear-out of coaches after Gerrard’s dismissal.

Aaron Danks, the coach who took interim charge for the Brentford and Newcastle matches, is considering a new role at the club while Neil Cutler, the goalkeeping coach, has already left.

Emiliano Martínez, the Villa goalkeeper, posted a message on Instagram to pay tribute to Cutler for his work. "I can't thank you enough for the way you helped me since day one. Not just a GK coach to me, you became my friend. Unfortunately football isn't fair sometimes but I'm sure you will find a [the] right club for you. Best English coach by miles.”

Austin MacPhee, the set-piece coach recruited during Smith’s time, will be staying with the first-team.

Villa are just a point outside the relegation zone and were thrashed 4-0 by Newcastle on Saturday.

Emery will take on Manchester United at home this weekend in his first game as head coach and is set to hold his first news conference later this week.

8 new coaches? Damn son. Can’t wait to find out who they all are

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Percy:

Unai Emery has signed the longest managerial contract in Aston Villa’s history, as he prepares to officially start work this week.

Emery was appointed last Monday evening and is understood to have agreed a lucrative deal at least four-and-a-half years in length, underlining the commitment of owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens to their new head coach.

Villa paid £5.2 million in compensation to lure the former Arsenal manager from Villarreal, offering terms which will be worth above £25 million net over the course of the contract.

NSWE are targeting European football as part of their ambitious plans and believe Emery, who has lifted the Europa League four times, can help lead them to a bright future.

The details of the contract have not been officially revealed by Villa but it is believed to be longer than Emery’s predecessors Steven Gerrard and Dean Smith, also beating the previous record set by Rémi Garde, who signed a four-year deal when he joined Villa in November 2015.

Emery has been forced to wait before taking his first training session at Villa’s Bodymoor Heath complex as he waits for his work visa. It is understood there are no concerns and Emery, who flew into the UK on Monday, will take training on Wednesday.

He is bringing in up to eight new backroom staff members, following a clear-out of coaches after Gerrard’s dismissal.

Aaron Danks, the coach who took interim charge for the Brentford and Newcastle matches, is considering a new role at the club while Neil Cutler, the goalkeeping coach, has already left.

Emiliano Martínez, the Villa goalkeeper, posted a message on Instagram to pay tribute to Cutler for his work. "I can't thank you enough for the way you helped me since day one. Not just a GK coach to me, you became my friend. Unfortunately football isn't fair sometimes but I'm sure you will find a [the] right club for you. Best English coach by miles.”

Austin MacPhee, the set-piece coach recruited during Smith’s time, will be staying with the first-team.

Villa are just a point outside the relegation zone and were thrashed 4-0 by Newcastle on Saturday.

Emery will take on Manchester United at home this weekend in his first game as head coach and is set to hold his first news conference later this week.

Started today and not taking his first session until Wednesday. And then not addressing the mob until later in the week. He's taking the piss, he's taking the piss..... works when he wants to, he's taking the piss.

Emery out.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Emery is costing us over £25 million. I expect to see instant results 

I don't think real-life quite works like that.

Just think how much Gerrard cost. He wasn't cheap. And he was hot garbage.

Early reports were about him getting 6m per year, 1m more than SG. Now it’s apparently 25m net for 4,5 years which is more. It’s about 5.5m per year but after taxes, which is roughly 11m before taxes.

Football wages in Spain are often quoted net which adds to the confusion. With 11m per year Emery will be in the top 5 of managers in the league. Behind Pep, Klopp, Conte and Potter but similar to Arteta and Ten Hag, and ahead of Rodgers and Hasenhuttl.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

They're really throwing everything at this appointment aren't they? Starting to make me wonder if the minimal transfer business for the last few windows (and those functional club transfers, I'm looking at you Dendoncker and the loan of Bednarek) was to put us in a strong position with regards to FFP to do some serious business...??!!?! Or is it just wishful thinking?

• Like 2

Â