Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Was a long article today in the Telegraph about how Southgate had unfinished business in club management and was likely to leave for some club after the World Cup.

Please God no

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Young Ashley is taking his coaching badges now.

Good for him but he can’t use us to hone his skills. He needs to start further down the pyramid and earn the right to be considered a PL standard manager. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Was a long article today in the Telegraph about how Southgate had unfinished business in club management and was likely to leave for some club after the World Cup.

I’m sure Doncaster Rovers will be pleased to welcome him, for a while. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As it's boring:

“Manchester City winger Jack Grealish has told those close to him that he does not expect to remain at the club beyond next summer and has already asked his agent to search for potential suitors”

https://www.90min.com/posts/transfer-rumours-grealish-man-city-exit-psg-contact-kante-20-9-2022/partners/41099

Pochettino to " bring him home " ?

Or does Deano get the " Pack your shit up and head to Bodymoor Deano, we're getting the band back together " call?

I love Deano and was disappointed when he was sacked and Jack was one of the best players we've had in recent decades but I would want either back.  

I don’t think it really works second time around and the magic of the first time around rarely happens and people try too hard to force it.  I don’t think the connection is there with Jack anymore as we’ll never trust he isn’t looking for the next move plus I don’t want to go back in trying to only play through him again and it’s unlikely he would scale the same heights as before for us.  

As for Deano, his time was special with us but I think trying to recreate that again would fail plus many fans have this idea he hit a ceiling.  The time with them both here was special, more so because Deano’s successor has been a failure so I see that time and connection in an even better light.  

If the only choice was to sack Gerrard and get Smith in then I’d definitely say yes just because Gerrard is so poor but in real terms when we sack Gerrard, then Smith should be nowhere near any list we should be considering for next manager and any new manager shouldn’t consider Jack as a purchase either imo.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Nice are having talks with pochettino, we’re gonna miss out of him, if we don’t act soon 😡

Everybody was saying that we are a too small club for Pochettino. In other words we are smaller club than Nice!

That should mean Favre is back on the market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wake up Purslow!!

Nice are currently 13th in the largely skint Ligue 1. Yet I keep reading that Poch is beyond us. That can only be true if we show zero appetite to move on from Gerrard and are happy to stagnate in the middle of the PL. Which if this is the case raises concerns about our CEO in the first instance but if we persist with him even more serious concerns about NSWE’s plans for the future. I find it hard to link plans for a bigger stadium with a happy to stay as a mid table PL team. The only logical conclusions are, Purslow realises that SG isn’t up to the job and is already well into the search for a successor, Purslow still believes in the Stevie G project and needs to be replaced himself by the board. 

The thought that NSWE may already have lost interest is too depressing to contemplate. And I’d like to think the least likely of the possible scenarios. Come on gentlemen, time waits for no man. Especially in the football world. The last thing we want to hear right now is a Faulkneresque “false narrative” type announcement from Larry Limelight. 

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

My reactions:

100.webp?cid=ecf05e476yk6hzzlk55lttxnl0l

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47d8tbd0by26hzxfq5ob

200.webp?cid=ecf05e471utm5kz93bh6d1dyk51

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47hycmz689qte3t14s9ao

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e476yk6hzzlk55lttxnl0

200.webp?cid=ecf05e4798ya3f4wzw1zqb143kv

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47d8tbd0by26hzxfq5ob

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47upcjg9131zqi7i5vfo

Thank you for listening

You bastard I was in a cost of living crisis meeting and how to make food banks more productive and now they’re wondering wtf I’m tittering at.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As it's boring:

“Manchester City winger Jack Grealish has told those close to him that he does not expect to remain at the club beyond next summer and has already asked his agent to search for potential suitors”

https://www.90min.com/posts/transfer-rumours-grealish-man-city-exit-psg-contact-kante-20-9-2022/partners/41099

Pochettino to " bring him home " ?

Or does Deano get the " Pack your shit up and head to Bodymoor Deano, we're getting the band back together " call?

the-band-blues-brothers.gif