Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I would put this appointment on par with us appointing Gerrard to be honest. It was an interesting appointment at the time. Just way too much of a gamble for our club. I think Brighton can afford to take that gamble. Their manager left against their will, they didn't sack him to move onto bigger and better things. Their expectations are also understandably lower.

de Zerbi have a lot more experience than Gerrard, close to 10 years as a manager.

de Zerbi have both tasted success and failure, should be better in handle setbacks.

by managing Sassuolo, he have experience to manage a club in about the same position as Brighton.

It is still a gamble,  but Brighton have more reason to be hopeful, compare to us when we employed Gerrard.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

Bayern, Inter and Juve could easily be looking for new managers conceivably before / during the World Cup… It feels like it’s now or never for Pochettino… 

If Bayern were to look for a new man, that would mean Julian Nagelsmann would be available...

To be fair, I think De Zerbi is renowned for his tactical style as much as anything so it’s v on point for Brighton to have got in given that was potter’s unique selling point as well. Comparing to gerrard who doesn’t seem to have any tactical identity is a bit unfair 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

I would love it if we get Ange. Love it.

I’m almost at a stage where anybody except Gerrard would do. Sure he is doing well at Celtic, but maybe we should look elsewhere first Winning the Scottish league shouldn’t be an automatic promotion to Aston Villa manager.

My preferred options at the moment are:

1. Pochettino 
  2. Amorin 
  3. Jaissle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I would love it if we get Ange. Love it.

He's also brought some excellent Japanese players to Celtic whilst bringing in exciting prospects like Bernabei and Jota on loan.

I know people will say not the Scottish League, but I'd counter that Ange comes with a very clear identity of how he wants his players to fit into - something Gerrard lacks. I'd have no problem with him taking over at all.

Side note: we are a much bigger club than Celtic.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Available managers:

Tuchel
Pochetino
Zidane
Benitez
Sousa
Ranieri
Bielsa
Sampaoli
Löw
Solskjaer
Setien
Stankovic

In no order. Some talented chaps in there out of work!

Isn't Zidane more or less retired? 

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

also:

Remi Garde
Andrew Tate
Dwight Yorke
Trevor Sinclair 
Alan Curbishley
Tony Adams
Dee from Benefits Street

Tate IN!!!!

Just for the wind up factor, our own fans included. 😂

" Gaffer... My Hamstring "

" Stop being a little bitch.... Cut the leg off and crack on... Do you want a Bugatti or you want to stay a brokey ?? "

• Haha 1