Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, CVByrne said:

Risk of foreign manager is relegation, risk of Dyche is a boring 14th finish

He was taking Burnley down that’s why they sacked him. Even though they went down anyway. There no guarantee he’d get us to 14th. 

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Voted Emery, simply because he's the best combination of safe, experience, pedigree, and attainable. 

Attainable how?
He rejected Newcastle last season. Telegraph said he happy at Villarreal.

I'd be happy with Emery tho. I'd take him over Poch 

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Dyche actually had Burnley playing some decent stuff at times. Goes against the lazy view of him though so will always get dismissed.

Lots of comments are reflective of how narratives trump the reality - it wasn’t always pretty, but he had his players drilled and worked with limited resources and the reality of their limited drawing power. I am not saying he will be offered the role, but he would be an upgrade on Gerrard. 

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Risk of foreign manager is relegation, risk of Dyche is a boring 14th finish

Risk with Dyche is also relegation.Squad might just as easily not take to his methods and while he might have more strings to his bow, he might also not have. 

1 minute ago, Hiney said:

Thats not my point, my point is many are clambering for obscure foreign managers with limited experience which I personally think is huge risk.

I'd love someone like Emery or Tuchel but realistically that's not happening. 

We could do a lot worse than a steady pair of hands that knows the league and could consolidate our Premier league status.

Going down this season would undo all the hard work and investment of NSWE and would set us back years. 

I'm not that scared of going down if I'm honest, don't think it will happen and I'm not convinced someone like amorim or gallardo would see it happen, they aren't bums just because they've never managed in the PL before

This squad is too good to go down... There is said it, get them motivated and playing at 100% with a crowd behind them and we'll be fine, id be more concerned if we brought in Dyche or Rafa or Rodgers and everyone, players and fans, carried on thinking what's the **** point anymore

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I find it funny how footballs fans don't understand the sport. 

A pragmatic manager does what is best with what he has. Dyche did that at Burnley and kept a team with a tiny budget in the league for a decade.

If he came to Villa and set up the team as if they were run on a tiny budget he would be sacked. He would know he has better players at his disposal, he would assess them and set up the team to best suit their abilities.

So in the 10 years he was there, they never produced any youth technically talented enough to evolve his style of play? Don't kid yourself. They were the way he wanted them to be. He recruited to reinforce that style 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Voted Emery, simply because he's the best combination of safe, experience, pedigree, and attainable. 

This.  I prefer Poch out of everyone on that list, but he isn't a realistic choice.  Emery is my no 1 based on everything you said.

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

A pragmatic manager does what is best with what he has. Dyche did that at Burnley and kept a team with a tiny budget in the league for a decade.

If he came to Villa and set up the team as if they were run on a tiny budget he would be sacked. He would know he has better players at his disposal, he would assess them and set up the team to best suit their abilities.

Stop.....right now!!

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This argument has already been debunked. Plenty of managers have played decent football on a small budget. Rodgers at Swansea, Martinez at Wigan, potter at Brighton. Also Burnley we’re in the PL for 10 years, they could have spent and changed their style. They didn’t. Because that’s all Dyche knows.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who ever we get, I want someone who isn’t a copycat manager, going with what “the big clubs are doing” I want someone who’s a fresh maverick who has new ideas that can set a new trend in world football. however, I also want a “steady eddy” that can stop the rot and refix us and solidify us in the league, and build from there.

my heart says maverick and my head says steady eddy

I think my heart is winning 

Take some Ibuprofen that should clear it

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nor do I, but can you tell me the last time we had a manager who fit that bill?

You’re absolutely right. I do think that the talk of wanting an elite manager is true, especially as we could have appointed Dyche by now if we really wanted him.

However, getting the elite manager is going to be difficult so let’s hope that our owners can sell their vision to any targets.

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I wonder if we’d speak with Bo Svensson or Urs Fischer? The latter would probably be met with a no as Union Berlin are top of the bundesliga but the two do intrigue me.

That's what I mean, I don't either of those 2 but if you said to me do you want the guy who is top of the bundesliga with union Berlin or Dyche a guy who we all know will keep us up but will struggle to get us to top 10 let alone Europe of course I'm picking the guy I've never heard of

Relegation is a disaster for the club

3 years of Dyche hoofball, dwindling crowds and finishing 12th isn't that much better

• Like 1

The safe pair of hands appointment that we should approach is Rodgers if we go for a safe pair of hands that is.

With a squad (Swansea) that was cheaper than the Burnley squad he was able to go toe to toe with the big clubs in games.

I do think he needs a break after his stint at Leicester comes to an end.

Bielsa with league 1 standard players was able to control possession and draw with Man City and against Liverpool his team showed no fear even though they lost the game. 

So this notion that Dyche was restricted by budget and is the reason for his teams’ Hoofball (in the majority of games) is incorrect. 

Edit - on separate non football related note every time I see Dyche I feel as though he washes his face with a tin of beans for some reason.

Edited by Sulberto21