Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

7 minutes ago, Niall said:

What exactly is a 'gamble' manager? Wouldn't any potential appointment be a 'gamble' to some extent. It's impossible to predict how successful a new manager would be. So many factors in play. 

Every decision has an amount of risk, but some more than others. Thomas Frank would feel like the Paul Lambert appointment. He’s done well at a smaller club with far lower expectations  it can he make the step up? Massive gamble! 

12 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I don't think they have anyone lined up. Purslow was all-in on Gerrard till the very end.

On what evidence have you come to this conclusion.  They'll have had feelers out for a while despite the internet rumours become fact that Purslow is in love with Gerrard.

Seen it mentioned elsewhere and I agree, we seem to constantly be trying to act like a "big" club rather than a smart club. Sawiris taking the lead now because Purslow made a balls of the last appointment and hoping we can convince a big name to come in by throwing money at them doesn't instill me with huge confidence even if it does end up going well, because most of the clubs we're aspiring to be like tend to have more joined-up thinking on matters like this that comes from the footballing staff.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or not but I don't see what the point of Lange is considering the last two managerial appointments will be headed from other areas of the club, and under Gerrard the previous transfer strategy seemed to be thrown out the window in order to give him specifically what he wanted. It all just seems terribly haphazard from the outside looking in.

This next appointment is huge for us. We get it wrong and we we will go down. Get it right and we can finish mid table this season and then build from there going forward. 

I think given the consequences of getting it wrong I don't see us taking a punt on an up and coming manager that is unproven at the very top level. That would instantly rule out someone like Beale. I think we'll go all in and go for a big name, experienced, proven manager at the very top level that sends out a real statement. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So because they have announced they Danks is on charge against Brentford, they obviously means there isn’t anyone close to coming in - maybe they want the weekend to consider it..

Do we think someone will be in before the WC, or after? 

It means nothing of the sort 

It means even if they got someone in today, which I'm not sure has ever happened in football, they wouldn't expect them to take charge of the first game having then only seen the players training for 1 day.

Whether they are close or not is completely irrelevant to the fact they've put Dan's in charge for Sunday.

My view is actually they're very close, and whoever it is doesn't want Critchley as a number 2, possibly has their own favoured number 2, which is why they've got rid of him with Gerrard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Beale recently turned down wolves citing his appreciation that QPR gave him his first managerial opportunity. 

If he now went on to leave it would be a u-turn that Truss/Delph would be proud of. 

Exactly. Anyone who's seen his interview and reasoning for turning it down - know that he'd look a right mug if he left now. Anyway, highly, highly doubt we'd ever be in for him.

Just now, M_Afro said:

I really like Marco Silva. He has plenty of experience in our country now and his teams are really well set up and play good football. He wouldn’t be my first choice but we could do a lot worse than him.

Certainly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On what evidence have you come to this conclusion.  They'll have had feelers out for a while despite the internet rumours become fact that Purslow is in love with Gerrard.

Yep, people still twisting themselves into knots trying to blame Purslow. It’s been obvious for sometime that the plans are in place. The board wouldn’t sack Gerrard or most of the coaches without this. They aren’t mugs. 

Just now, Tom13 said:

Exactly. Anyone who's seen his interview and reasoning for turning it down - know that he'd look a right mug if he left now. Anyway, highly, highly doubt we'd ever be in for him.

Maybe he'll do a delph 

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This next appointment is huge for us. We get it wrong and we we will go down. Get it right and we can finish mid table this season and then build from there going forward. 

I think given the consequences of getting it wrong I don't see us taking a punt on an up and coming manager that is unproven at the very top level. That would instantly rule out someone like Beale. I think we'll go all in and go for a big name, experienced, proven manager at the very top level that sends out a real statement. 

Good post mate, but I never want to hear these words again. Beale used them in his (commitment to QPR) interview and it made me feel quezzy 🤣

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Exactly, fun and jokes aside.

They are making the bloke out to be an idiot.

As if it's not in his interest for the club to do well.

If you saw his face against Chelsea, you knew time was nigh.

Rumours of a Manager search have been bubbling for weeks/months as well.

Couple that with the slightly dodgy transfer window.

Like or dislike him, the bloke is no fool.

They probably wanted to part ways more " amicably " but the manner of the defeat and the resulting outrage simply made them pull the trigger asap.

• Like 1