Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think Dyche could be right man for the job… right now… not long term

Exactly. Steady the ship. Play as a team. Be hard to beat. Organise that sorry excuse for a defence. And play the forwards to their strengths. 

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

We won't get an elite manager. We are 17th in the league having scored half the goals of Erling Haaland. Who would want that job?

We will get an elite manager!
We have Money! Humans love Money.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Deano'sLob said:

As much as agree he is a better coach, his record of managing in the Premier League is not great, as previous said not a progressive appointment IMO

55% Premier League win record?

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

An elite manager will need £150m to spend minimum - they won’t be coming here to finish 8th they’ll want to challenge for the CL and the league title after a couple of seasons.

I was going to say that I don't think they will need that much to start with as I think we are only a couple of players short - another CM and a striker.  But these days those two positions would probably set us back about £150m.  Especially as there are about five teams in the PL alone who seem to think "we're just a decent striker away".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Folski said:

John Terry liking the official Instagram post saying Gerrard sacked.

Hope it’s not out of the frying pan into the fire.

Surely they won't do this. Imagine JT just has some paid minion liking everything Villa post on social

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Would be the most disappointed by a manager since Eck…. TBH, he would probably surprise us with results but he played the most negative boring “successful” football in Premier League history. 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There will be a revolt if Dyche gets it :lol:

It won't be pretty but we're in the survival game and I'd prefer our odds in that scenario.

Just now, Spoony said:

that’s harsh. He had one premier league job, barely knew the language, was taking over from a legend and a squad full of ageing and disinterested players and his record is similar to both Wenger and Arteta. 

I am only giving an opinion, he could not sort out a troubled dressing room, had no connection with the fans (granted following Wenger was a tough ask), couldn't speak the language, and took Arsenal backwards.  This is not progressive management, and make no mistakes there are some serious challenges ahead for the new manager, he would not be my choice.

No dickhead interim shipsteadying shithouses.

Get the best man available and give him a shitload to spend. We're not adrift, there's something to work with and loads of potential for a manager worth his salt.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deano'sLob said:

As much as agree he is a better coach, his record of managing in the Premier League is not great, as previous said not a progressive appointment IMO

He had a win percentage of 55% with Arsenal and took them one place higher in his only full season with them, and got them to the Europa League Final. He had a poor end but the fans never seemed to take to him.

Question. Does an elite manager have to be an already recognisable name ? Are we quantifying elite based on current reputation or the board doing their due diligence on a manager who is elite but fans many not know too well. Just referencing De Zerdi at Brighton. I’d never heard of him but people in the know seem to rate him highly. Like say Poch, if I ain’t getting the Southampton and first couple of seasons at Spurs version - im not sure I’d want him.