Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

27 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I'm not sure mate, it was a question for all...

Surely MON, given his record of actually winning things (the usual caveats) was of (at that time) greater pedigree? Maybe Ron Atkinson too? There must be others....

I was excited about MON coming to Villa.  I am extremely excited about us possibly getting Poch. Which is bigger? It feels like Poch but that might be bias because one is happening now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Poch > tuchel > emery > rodgers

That order for me

I’m not sure Rodgers has the legs for LB these days ;)

I agree with your order though, even if it those first three names are very ambitious. I still think Villa are a big draw with NSWE in charge and the promise of more funds. 

8 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Wasn't that before he and Danny Murphy fell about laughing at the prospect of Pochettino going from managing Messi to managing Watkins and Ings?

I'm really wondering if they held back in the summer due to having one eye on the " future"

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm really wondering if they held back in the summer due to having one eye on the " future"

Could be. The tap was definitely turned OFF after our first game maybe it became clear Gerrard didnt actually know how to use the top players that had been bought for him. 

Feels like something is building here.

Not sure if it's good or bad that Percy didn't write this. Would probably add more credibility but then again Matt Law, Sam Wallace and Burt are decent enough journos themselves and will have very credible links themselves, wonder from which side this story being planted is more beneficial, ourselves or Poch's end.

My only issue is why give Gerrard the Fulham and Brenford games for him to mess up if we've decided he's no longer the manager to take us forward?

Have to remain cautious but very exciting to see this link in an article as opposed to just a suggestion on here or twitter rumour.

Edited by VillaChris

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I was excited about MON coming to Villa.  I am extremely excited about us possibly getting Poch. Which is bigger? It feels like Poch but that might be bias because one is happening now. 

I think all things considered, Pochettino would be stunning, but people were literally lining the streets of Aston when Martin O'Neill turned up that first day just to applaud his arrival.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Think we're a damn good place to rebuild your credentials. At PSG its very difficult to surpass expectations, at villa Gerrard has managed those right down, he can clear it a long way and look good in the process. We have a high ceiling! 

All recent evidence suggests we are in fact a managerial graveyard. 

Who was the last manager who went on to bigger success after managing us? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Wasn't that before he and Danny Murphy fell about laughing at the prospect of Pochettino going from managing Messi to managing Watkins and Ings?

That's true, but don't forget - Danny Murphy can always f**k all the way off.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Feels like something is building here.

Not sure if it's good or bad that Percy didn't write this. Would probably add more credibility but then again Matt Law, Sam Wallace and Burt are decent enough journos themselves and will have very credible links themselves, wonder from which side this story being planted is more beneficial, ourselves or Poch's end.

My only issue is why give Gerrard the Fulham and Brenford games for him to mess up if we've decided he's no longer the manager to take us forward?

Have to remain cautious but very exciting to see this link in an article as opposed to just a suggestion on here or twitter rumour.

Don't think Percy will write it until it's a definite. But if he is retweeting it, then the smoke is billowing high over Bodymoor these days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Don't think Percy will write it until it's a definite. But if he is retweeting it, then the smoke is billowing high over Bodymoor these days.

Will we get white smoke from the head groundsman’s fire when a decision is made?

56 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Aston Villa is not a managerial graveyard. It's a graveyard for shit managers. Managers that have never been worthy of the job, too old, too inexperienced and just not good enough to embrace the pressure of the biggest club in the Midlands and the expectation that comes with it. 

Few managers have really got the club over the years, Smith being the most recent, MON to a degree and going back, Little, Gregory and Atkinson all knew how big the club was and embraced it along with the challenges it presented. All had relative success along the way even if they didn't all win silverware. 

Villa just needs to be managed by someone worthy of the position, it really is that simple. With the owners we now have and the money on wages, fees that have been spent on players it's time to stop playing cheapskates or idiots when it comes to employing managers.

All of those mentioned had a good couple of years, none went higher than us afterwards, in fact most went significantly lower. It’s hard to argue it’s not a graveyard for managers.