Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I would love Rogers. I really think that we would be a good fit. He’s a smart manager who knows how to operate at a massive club with big name players. He has won plenty and he knows how to operate in the transfer market. 
I live in Leicester and things aren’t right at City. The owners have totally pulled the plug in transfers and there are loads of rumours about the players being unhappy that Vardy is still at the club. That’s why Schmeical left apparently. They are worried that anything they say will end up in the press courtesy of Mrs Vardy!

Anyway, a tough start to the season for them does not undo a few really good years of work from Rogers. They were in a similar position to us when he took over and he made instant improvements.

• Like 1

Said in the other thread Rodgers is a massive no for me, he's peaked and he's on his way down seemingly with no clue how to stop a rot, these players have given up on him, they aren't buying what he is selling, their heads have gone 

Villa are a club that suffer from that problem far too often for my liking anyway, no doubt we'd get a bounce and get slightly better because he's still a better manager than Gerrard but it wouldn't be too long before we found the same mentality as Leicesters players have right now 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

So, you guys want Rodgers, huh?

Leicester have not spent a cent, in fact they've sold their best players....

Trying to compare him to Gerrard's situation, absolutely reeks of desperation.

And yes, in a heartbeat..

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Leicester have not spent a cent, in fact they've sold their best players....

Trying to compare him to Gerrard's situation, absolutely reeks of desperation.

And yes, in a heartbeat..

I wouldnt. 

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bottom of the table and just lost 6-2, third time already this season they’ve conceded 4 or more in a game.

But they look much better than us.

Go figure.

Tragic they can be in that position and still look better than us isn't it.

What a waste of a chance to kick on the last 12 months has been. And it's not over yet.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tragic they can be in that position and still look better than us isn't it.

What a waste of a chance to kick on the last 12 months has been. And it's not over yet.

Tragic that in your continued endeavour to make a point that’s abundantly clear by now to all, you come up with complete waffle like that. 

There are plenty better teams in the PL right now than us, Leicester are not one of them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Tragic that in your continued endeavour to make a point that’s abundantly clear by now to all, you come up with complete waffle like that. 

There are plenty better teams in the PL right now than us, Leicester are not one of them.

Gerrard dodged a bullet with el sackio being called off.

The way to beat Leicester is to attack them and score. They can score themselves but can't defend for toffee. With our new Pulis-ball approach we'd have undoubtedly given them a nice easy 2-0 win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd be absolutely astonished if Poch's next job isn't for a team in the CL, his stock is still high, I see little reason for him to come here, nevermind Leicester

ManU didn’t want him. Chelsea didn’t want him. Not very likely Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and ManC are changing manager soon, or if they did they would most likely look elsewhere.

If he want to manage a Premier League team he would need to settle for a team outside top 6. He could go to a lesser league and manage a CL team like Celtic/Benfica/Maccabi Haifa/Sevilla, but I don’t see that either.

Most likely his next job will be one of; us, Everton, West Ham, Leicester or Brighton.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2022 at 12:09, VillaParkAvenue said:

With an international break coming up, expect a couple of sackings this weekend. Unless Leicester beat Spurs, Rodgers is in trouble. The greek could sack Cooper as well if Forest lose.

Update: after yesterday, things still look bad for Rodgers and possibly Cooper. Add Nagelsmann to the mix after another Bayern disaster.