Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Would Potter leave Brighton at this moment, is there a bigger calling further down the road for him? We are definately a big destination club despite our troubles.

What was the negative issues around Poch while at Spurs or was it all Levy?

33 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

If you always lose matches you will get criticised. If Gerrard started to win some matches, there be less criticism. This is just how thing are. Expect a lot of Gerrard criticism in the future, because Aston Villa will lose a lot of games until we get a new manager.

Totally agree, I’m not a Gerrard fanatic or anything, I just never like making up reasons to dislike someone… the main reason to not want him to be manager is he isn’t winning games, and that’s enough.

Nobody has mentioned the great Thomas Frank are we not a fan of him or is he just forgotten about. Excellent coach btw… very surprised he has gone under the radar with all this talk

Edited by RicRic

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Would Potter leave Brighton at this moment, is there a bigger calling further down the road for him? We are definately a big destination club despite our troubles.

What was the negative issues around Poch while at Spurs or was it all Levy?

Brighton are absolutely a better club than us at the moment so leaving them, to be honest, would be pointless. He could stay there for a couple of years more and get a great post later on. There is just no need to leave what he has behind for us. That’s the reality of the situation IMO. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This is just patently untrue. How would this person know and why would it be common knowledge despite Gerrard still being in the role? 

And how would you know it's untrue?

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Nobody has mentioned the great Thomas Frank are we not a fan of him or is he just forgotten about. Excellent coach btw

Would be superb! You're right, strange no-one has mentioned him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But you don't know who it is behind the account ;)

Until actual media accounts are reporting it, I'll take any 'news' like that with a massive pinch of salt. 

The account that tweeted it also tweeted that it's a meeting and does not mean we are hiring Poch, he's covered all his bases, if we hire Poch he's right, if we don't he's also right.  

• Like 1

Poch is certainly an upgrade on SG but you see things like why would he come to us ?

It's 4 years since he left Spurs  , where he didn't win anything he came 2nd in the league cup , the league and Champs league .Did one season at PSG and was booted out.For us that's a solid record but for the so called  big clubs are they all that interested in him ? I would counter he needs a club to rebuild himself as much we need a solid manager who has basics like tactics .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Nobody has mentioned the great Thomas Frank are we not a fan of him or is he just forgotten about. Excellent coach btw… very surprised he has gone under the radar with all this talk

Brentford will want £30 million for him knowing them

27 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I have!

I feel like Frank is what Potter was last year on here...not sexy enough, not proven enough for many (which may be fair) but he's undoubtedly a brilliant coach. People want that 'A List' manager rather than looking at who might have the qualities to take that next step with a bigger club.

• Like 2