Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Aston Villa 🤝 Pochettino

It’s a match made in heaven…

Do it!

🇦🇷

Just think we need to throw the kitchen sink at this and let him get his tactical shape and ideas across fully during the world cup - after he's finished fire fighting his way through September and October and got to know the players. 

He'd be perfect. We've just got to throw the kitchen sink at this to get it done. 

Honestly I'd be disappointed if the club haven't already held discussion with him / his agent on some level about how interested he'd be if offered the role in September. 

• Like 2

Whoever the new manager is (hopefully sooner rather than later), they need backing to bring in their trusted coaching team. 

I'm not sure who Poch had with him at Spurs and PSG,  but it's imperative they're brought in as well to give the manager the best chance of succeeding. 

We're in a much more stable position in terms of our squad than what he walked into at Spurs which was quite frankly a complete mess. He'll then have 2 transfer windows to shape his squad further, not constrained by a Daniel Levy (but maybe FFP). I think we can really sell this to him. Not a cakewalk like PSG and not a huge project like Spurs. Still some work to be done, but will be given the resources to do it. Sounds like the perfect gig to get his reputation back intact. Purslow if you get this done, all is forgiven.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

I’ve avoided this thread until now as I was willing to afford Gerrard time, but the start to this season, and the performances we’ve witnessed, as well as all the noise and grumbling about unrest in the camp, I can’t see a way back for Gerrard.

It’s all well and good rattling cages if you’re winning, but if you’re pissing everyone off, including fans and it’s diabolical on the pitch, your days are numbered.

Next man has to be Poch for me, seems like a good fit, and a good next move for him, as I can’t see him getting a top, top job after PSG and ‘failing’ there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Well i mean if we are gonna go down that road, fergie signed Forlan, Taibi, Poborsky. I rate Rodgers. Think he’s demonstrably better than Gerrard. 

He most definitely is. My point was he’s signed some stinkers as well and employing him shouldn’t be based on the players he has bought, rather on his coaching ability. In fact the one thing Gerrard has going for him is his ability to convince players that wouldn’t normally sign for us to sign. 

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He most definitely is. My point was he’s signed some stinkers as well and employing him shouldn’t be based on the players he has bought, rather on his coaching ability. In fact the one thing Gerrard has going for him is his ability to convince players that wouldn’t normally sign for us to sign. 

Who? Digne? Coutinho? Carlos? Kamara?

Let's not forget than under Deano we signed Bailey, Ings, Martinez. Other than Coutinho, who really hasn't helped us to be fair, I don't think the other three would have rejected us if Deano was still in charge.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Let's not forget than under Deano we signed Bailey, Ings, Martinez. Other than Coutinho, who really hasn't helped us to be fair, I don't think the other three would have rejected us if Deano was still in charge.

I don’t think that Kamara would be here either if it weren’t for Gerrard. Anyway I hope he’s out the door soon, and the players that he has signed can be utilised properly under a competent manager soon. Much in the same way that Lampard signed a bunch of good players who performed poorly under him, but then went on the win the CL under Tuchel. 

1 minute ago, Jbvilla909 said:

As much as I'd want Poch, I think it's unrealistic that he'll come to us. 

Our league position and the cost to bring him and his team in plus the compo to get rid of Gerrard and his team would stop it imo. 

I don’t know. Poch is an arranging the lemons in a room and feel the energy type of guy. Maybe he would fell the vibe when he comes to villa park. 

23 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don’t know. Poch is an arranging the lemons in a room and feel the energy type of guy. Maybe he would fell the vibe when he comes to villa park. 

He's also a I want to manage a champions league team type of guy 😂

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, a-k said:

Yep. It's utter bullshit that Gerrard can attract players we'd never have a chance at signing  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. It's utter bullshit that Gerrard can attract players we'd never have a chance at signing  

Indeed, they weren't signing for Rangers were they? I think they liked the idea of playing for a legend more than the reality of it! 

As a player I'd sooner play for a Poch, Potter, Rogers, someone who'd shown that they can make players better. 

• Like 2

I think Pochetino would be a difficult thing to get done, Potter though I think we could get now and I think he'd be perfect to get us established top half/top 8. After that if he can't take us on from there (don't see why not) then it would be time for a Pochetino type appointment because we would be a much more attractive proposition for a big name.