Pre match thread

roonst83

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I'm a bit concerned he might shithouse a win. I want him gone no matter what. 

But we played so well last time out apparently.

Why go back to trying to grind a win out against Fulham.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I dream of a day we play a midfield three that isn’t McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey.

...or Kamara/McGinn/Ramsey. And Dendoncker/McGinn/Ramsey would probably be as bad. Anything that doesn't involve both McGinn and Ramsey.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I imagine we'll scrap some sort of result and those protecting Gerrard will proclaim we've turned a corner. Draw at home v Brentford and this shit rolls on a while longer. 

I’ve a feeling this is it, a proper Sunderland style trouncing.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don’t get the mentality of wanting Gerrard gone no matter what. Why wouldn’t we want him to suddenly become amazing?

Well, yes I'd love him to suddenly be amazing. But I'd also love to win the lottery but I don't live my life as if that's going to happen. 

Gerrard isn't going to suddenly be amazing. It's going to drag on and on and we're going to grind out ugly points and performances. 

I'm open to a completely unexpected change. So I'll change my statement slightly.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don’t get the mentality of wanting Gerrard gone no matter what. Why wouldn’t we want him to suddenly become amazing?

Because the liklihood of him suddenly becoming amazing is lower than the next guy being amazing (I **** hope anyway...)

As for the line up I've got no problem with it bar the midfield 3 problem that always exists, if Gerrard thought we played well vs chelsea and 1st half we did then I'd be more concerned if he made changes to the shape again, no problem with consistency off the back of Sunday but then also no excuses if we can't replicate how we played 1st half Sunday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We need the win. Screw Gerrard and what it means for him, we need points now. We cannot go down and suffer all that shite again

That's right. We're going to need another 10 wins this season. No point wanting us to lose winnable games. Makes it even tougher, less attractive for the next manager.

The fact that Gerrard pretty much bang on averages us a point a game for the last year should be the clue the board need.

• Like 2