Pre match thread

roonst83

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don’t get the mentality of wanting Gerrard gone no matter what. Why wouldn’t we want him to suddenly become amazing?

I’d love the Mrs to suddenly become amazing at cooking, I still do the cooking 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Sounds from where?

Gerrard interview. He hinted We'll see the tactics when the game starts and said we've tweaked a few things tactically. 

I can't see what else he'd be talking about. Unless it's just mind games.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

**** hell. Les Ferdinand and Dion Dublin are talking utter shit. 

Ferdinand said we create chance after chance and he's not seen us play badly all season.

Dublin said we're a team playing well. 

It’s a bloody joke these two.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

That's right. We're going to need another 10 wins this season. No point wanting us to lose winnable games. Makes it even tougher, less attractive for the next manager.

The fact that Gerrard pretty much bang on averages us a point a game for the last year should be the clue the board need.

But it’s not the clue the board need. there will be an idea somewhere that he can turn it around which he probably can’t 

Edited by punkiller1981

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Ferdinand said we create chance after chance and he's not seen us play badly all season.

I don't think Dion could run down the Villa in public. He is too big a fan 

Edited by Robtaylor200

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

They either haven't watched any of our games this season or are completely blind.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well, yes I'd love him to suddenly be amazing. But I'd also love to win the lottery but I don't live my life as if that's going to happen. 

Gerrard isn't going to suddenly be amazing. It's going to drag on and on and we're going to grind out ugly points and performances. 

I'm open to a completely unexpected change. So I'll change my statement slightly.

Our last performance was good. This is basically the same side - so fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Things like that prove that pundits don’t actually watch us play often. They wouldn’t get away with just saying things out of the blue about clubs like Liverpool or Spurs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Things like that prove that pundits don’t actually watch us play often. They wouldn’t get away with just saying things out of the blue about clubs like Liverpool or Spurs.

It's crazy isn't it. Their job is to watch football and form an opinion. That's it, and they don't even **** bother doing half of it.

• Like 1