Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

It sure has. Trust their goalie to have a blinder.

Mings has been woeful. I've never known a player make such costly mistakes. 

I can pick one in this game: Cucerella

2 mistakes leading directly to goal attempts from us - we just haven't converted.

• Confused 1

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

That was the same after city. Then we saw what happened the next few games 

It’s the biggest problem as I said a few weeks ago, we only seem to play well against the big six and mostly lose.  

We’ve played well this half but given our past we’ll be shit next week against non-six teams.  Why can’t we play better against those teams.  

No point playing well against big teams and taking very little then playing shit against shit teams….same against City as it is today.

We’ve played well, we are still losing!  Just as peeved off as happy with the first half because it’s the same all over again.  You just know Chelsea won’t be as bad second half.  

Can we keep our performance up and get back into it, I hope so but this performance is frustrating given we can do it but don’t against poor teams.

• Thanks 1

Look better with more width and pace up top, midfielders being midfielders, and full backs being full backs

I still think having both McGinn and Ramsey in midfield leaves us too open, which means we really need to be taking our chances when we have dominant spells

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We played well but it was all made possible by Chelsea’s high and extremely porous line allowing us to use our pace to get in behind, I’ve seen far too much of Gerrard to get my hopes up in 45mins that we’ve suddenly turned a new leaf.

2nd half will be the real test when Potter adjusts to stop us exploiting this, and there’s little chance they’ll be as sloppy in possession. 

Just now, nick76 said:

It’s the biggest problem as I said a few weeks ago, we only seem to play well against the big six and mostly lose.  

We’ve played well this half but given our past we’ll be shit next week against non-six teams.  Why can’t we play better against those teams.  

No point playing well against big teams and taking very little then playing shit against shit teams….same against City as it is today.

We’ve played well, we are still losing!  Just as peeved off as happy with the first half because it’s the same all over again.  You just know Chelsea won’t be as bad second half.  

Can we keep our performance up and get back into it, I hope so but this performance is frustrating given we can do it but don’t against poor teams.

The lesser sides play a low block and we've gone at them with no width.

• Like 2

Just now, andym said:

Look better with more width and pace up top, midfielders being midfielders, and full backs being full backs

I still think having both McGinn and Ramsey in midfield leaves us too open, which means we really need to be taking our chances when we have dominant spells

We don't need McGinn in this side. Should have luiz higher up to pick better passes/retain the ball and let ramsey make his runs. Just a waste

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It sure has. Trust their goalie to have a blinder.

Mings has been woeful. I've never known a player make such costly mistakes. 

Lol he had one mistake today. He’s been fine otherwise and he really doesn’t have that many costly mistakes in him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, andym said:

To little to late. Gerrard should have implemented that months ago.