Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Just now, bobzy said:

Booing this game is **** ridiculous, to be honest.

But, hey, fans.

I don’t think it’s the game itself people are booing if I’m honest. We’ve had a few weeks of being told that the owners don’t get the feeling from fans that they aren’t happy with Gerrard. Maybe this is the way people are letting them know. I don’t know. Fans are all over the place at the moment. 

• Like 2

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Whatever your position on Gerrard we’ve been excellent today and created enough to have won the game comfortably already.

It just isn’t going for us.

The main problem is these lot seem to not understand that more than one thing can be correct at the same time.

Well not that they don't understand, they just have to consistently stick to one view regardless.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What is it about this game that makes you think that? He's not playing as a striker

Fed up of seeing him make heavy touch after heavy touch.

I know he's not playing an out and out striker in this game but when your taking up forward positions you can't afford to make touches like this.

His close control is abysmal.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The main problem is these lot seem to not understand that more than one thing can be correct at the same time.

Well not that they don't understand, they just have to consistently stick to one view regardless.

Chelsea haven’t been at their best but we’ve done a great job of taking advantage of that so far.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Whatever your position on Gerrard we’ve been excellent today and created enough to have won the game comfortably already.

It just isn’t going for us.

We just can't score, which has been common with Gerrard, plenty of chances, maybe a bit of decent coaching for the strkers would help i dunno.

• Like 1

Just now, Mister_a said:

Shitter teams sit back, and we can’t deal with that.

Which is why actually dropping the Coutinhos should be done against the teams that sit back and play players who do NOT slow the game down.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Which is why actually dropping the Coutinhos should be done against the teams that sit back and play players who do NOT slow the game down.

That would involve having a manager who understands these kinds of things. I think it’s called tactics.

• Like 1