Pre match thread

bielesibub

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Ngl, I'm looking forward to how this forum will react if we win this game and end up in the top 10

We can be happy with a good performance and top 10 without losing site of the current bigger picture to be fair.

So this looks like a change of formation with two wider wingers.

That middle three looks a worry, though. 

It'll be that they all sit tight in the middle of the pitch, making huge gaps to the forwards... orrrr... only Dougie left as a single CDM whilst McGinn and Ramsey go forward. 

Can't see either of those working too well unless we're only going to try and play purely on the counter. 

Just play a 4231. Just play it!

8 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Ngl, I'm looking forward to how this forum will react if we win this game and end up in the top 10

I’m big on the Gerrard out side of things. I thought if we beat Forrest it would be time to afford more time but we always seem to play better against teams who don’t let us do our own thing (whatever that is) a win today then fair play, but it’ll be back to the same next weekend 

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

Sky claims that the last four games is his best run. That's not right, we've won one in those 4. Winning a game every four isn't a good run. 

They’re only claiming that because we haven’t lost any games. The bar is set very low for them apparently.

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

Sky claims that the last four games is his best run. That's not right, we've won one in those 4. Winning a game every four isn't a good run. 

Well that is correct, that IS HIS best run for Villa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, May-Z said:

So this looks like a change of formation with two wider wingers.

That middle three looks a worry, though. 

It'll be that they all sit tight in the middle of the pitch, making huge gaps to the forwards... orrrr... only Dougie left as a single CDM whilst McGinn and Ramsey go forward. 

Can't see either of those working too well unless we're only going to try and play purely on the counter. 

Just play a 4231. Just play it!

The change in attack is welcome, and not surprising. Sit back and hope our two fastest players (Bailey and Watkins) can get in behind them.

It’s the same midfield 3 that grinds my gears. How many times does he need to see that combination fail?