Aston Villa Gerrards Ball vs Aston Villa Bruces Ball- Which one is the worst to watch?

messi11

Gerrard Ball vs Aston Villa Bruce Ball- Which one is the worst to watch?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Gerrard Ball vs Aston Villa Bruce Ball- Which one is the worst to watch?

• Steven Gerrard Football
    • Steve Bruce Football

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/22 at 15:00

I'd make an argument that Bruce was an absolute word removed that I hated, whereas I don't actually mind Gerrard personally, and that Bruce's squad building was done to arrogantly put another promotion on his CV rather than for the long term benefit of Aston villa and it  took us years to recover from Bruce's dad's army honest bunch of professionals approach (if we even have...) if Gerrard gets sacked today the next guy has a decent squad to work with

To reiterate -  I hate Steve Bruce

He's the one that made me walk away

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's the one that made me walk away

Well Gerrard almost pushed me to not renew my season in the summer and if this continues for the rest of the season and he isn’t let go I won’t be renewing my season ticket.  That’s incredibly hard for me to say because of my love of Villa and we’ve been through much harder times but with the great work off the field, I can’t face much more of this Gerrard football and the club justifying keeping him on.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well Gerrard almost pushed me to not renew my season in the summer and if this continues for the rest of the season and he isn’t let go I won’t be renewing my season ticket.  That’s incredibly hard for me to say because of my love of Villa and we’ve been through much harder times but with the great work off the field, I can’t face much more of this Gerrard football and the club justifying keeping him on.

Yeah I can see that, I survived the McLeish year partly because it was pick a seat any seat at times in the upper holte meaning it was easier to sit with mates and partly because I knew the inevitable would come

Bruce was because the penny dropped how much I was spending on top of my ST (and drinking...)

I wouldn't be renewing next year if I was in your position and the club kept Gerrard on, there's no future in him

But again that for me is why Bruce was worse - there's no future in Gerrard, we're going nowhere, under Bruce we were ambling towards somewhere dangerous, good for him but terrible for the club long term, god knows where we'd be if we'd have beaten Fulham

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Bruce ball was more fun to watch because we at least had Grealish who could create the entertainment by himself. 

At least you don’t say ‘play with himself’.🤣

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

there's no future in Gerrard, we're going nowhere, under Bruce we were ambling towards somewhere dangerous

I think we are going somewhere dangerous with Gerrard re

37 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, relax guys, we're doing so well. 

image.png.eada341507e6c59e0e70153975bdf76b.png

i don’t think we’ve got any chance of relegation but stats for the last equivalent half a season from the above tweet shows at current rate we are on course for a relegation fight and in those situations anything can happen.

We aren’t good at creating good chances and we are certainly poor at putting chances away.  

We are losing defensive players at a rapid rate which is going to put more pressure on and we are only picking up points against the poorest teams.

I expect us to beat Forest and I expect the fans of Gerrard to shout “look he’s turning it around” but his recent history shows he beats the poorest teams which buys him to the WC break but in the final six league games before WC with his brand of football we are likely to go on a run of picking up maybe 4 or 5 points, which goes with his 1 ppg average run per the above tweet and this seasons run rate. I know I’m speculating and he could get 10+, I’m just going off what I’m seeing and data from the last end of season and this season.

His football is awful, his results are poor, I think he’s dangerous because his run rate will have us in the relegation fight and that scares me.

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I concur. It's laughable. 

Aren’t all the threads pointless but we come here and discuss daily anyway.  This is just comparing two poor managers who play poor football for a bit of depressing fun.

Edited by nick76

15 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Steve Bruce played ugly pragmatic football and was rightly sacked at the end.

But at least Bruce was doing it by design. He also played his best players.

Apart from Scott Hogan of course, that legendary maker of runs his teammates couldn't see! 😉

• Haha 1