Aston Villa Gerrards Ball vs Aston Villa Bruces Ball- Which one is the worst to watch?

messi11

Gerrard Ball vs Aston Villa Bruce Ball- Which one is the worst to watch?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Gerrard Ball vs Aston Villa Bruce Ball- Which one is the worst to watch?

• Steven Gerrard Football
    • Steve Bruce Football

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/22 at 15:00

Which football do you find the worst to watch- Gerrards Aston Villa or Bruces Aston Villa?

For me its Gerrard Ball. Least Bruce Ball was a little bit more fun and he less quality players compared to the 400 million + squad Gerrards got.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Gerrard for me. I used to go and watch nearly every home game under Bruce, and it wasn't great but it often got the job done. We are an ugly watch under Gerrard; I don't think I've seen many worse games than that one against Soton. 

Bring Steve Bruce Back 🤣

That the question can even seriously be asked is telling enough. 

I’ll give Gerrard the benefit of doubt, as he’s up against tougher opposition in the Prem than Bruce was in the Championship, but to be honest this crap we’re having to watch every week is as bad as anything given the players we have in our squad. 

51 minutes ago, messi11 said:

For me its Gerrard Ball. Least Bruce Ball was a little bit more fun and he less quality players compared to the 400 million + squad Gerrards got.

Bruce was in the Championship and we were effectively the Man City of that league in terms of money/players

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

That the question can even seriously be asked is telling enough. 

I’ll give Gerrard the benefit of doubt, as he’s up against tougher opposition in the Prem than Bruce was in the Championship, but to be honest this crap we’re having to watch every week is as bad as anything given the players we have in our squad. 

We are debating the greats 

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In absolute terms, Bruce. In terms relative to our expectations, probably Gerrard.

By those criteria I'd go the opposite. We should have been winning the league under Bruce but our football was barely top 6 level most of the time, but it could be enjoyable. We must have won like 20 games in 2017/18, with a lot of memorable games and wins.

With Gerrard, there are no redeeming factors to the football, it's the most soul-sucking tripe I've probably ever watched. Even with Lambert, there'd be periods in a game, typically in front of the Holte where we'd put the opposition under sustained pressure. Right now it's just 90 minutes after 90 minutes of disjointed mess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dale said:

Reminds me of Eric Black

I know you're joking, but this isn't right and it's wrong in an important way. We've only conceded one goal in three, or three goals in four including games against both Arsenal and Man City. What is not happening is us getting thrashed every week, and that's part of the reason why his job is fairly safe. 

The manager Gerrard really reminds me of isn't Bruce, let alone Garde or Black or Sherwood, it's Alex McLeish. I expect a roughly similar outcome if he's given the season, though one worry of course is that McLeish actually started really well so when the collapse came there was room to fail and still survive. This season we're going to have to keep this garbage up all the way to the finish line. 

Brucie ball was awful to watch as it was all down to the players to make something happen. Very little tactics and rely on good players. Gerrard at least has tactics, they're just bad ones. He's too stubborn or naïve,  and far too emotional. I watched his reaction to Ollie missing an opportunity. I dread to think what he's like behind closed doors.

6 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

Brucie ball was awful to watch as it was all down to the players to make something happen. Very little tactics and rely on good players. Gerrard at least has tactics, they're just bad ones. He's too stubborn or naïve,  and far too emotional. I watched his reaction to Ollie missing an opportunity. I dread to think what he's like behind closed doors.

This is exactly how I explain Gerrard’s tactics

• Like 1