Football Manager 2023

Villaphan04

27 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

I struggle to get interested in starting with top teams, and rarely even do a Villa start tbh. My regular first solo game has been, like you've done, start with little/no experience/badges and unemployed with about as many leagues loaded as laptop can handle, then see where I end up. Then the plan is normally to move up the leagues as quickly as possible and end up at Villa at some point down the line. Few games back I did Distillery in NI third tier to Premier League (with Newcastle) in 6th season. Could have moved to Prem in 5th season but rejected job as Villa (in Championship) came up, then Villa rejected me lol.

Having said that, struggled to get into any solo game on fm22 and mostly played online. Planning for a day one, 3 team online start in League Two with Swindon, Bradford and Wimbledon to see who can get back to PL first.

Remembered you asked this back in fm22 thread @daft and never replied. So, basically it's the latter. You don't have to be online, but if the game is live and being progressed and you are not online then your assistant will take over, so better to schedule times when all players can be online at same time. Exceptions to this might be if all agree to progress game through a period without games, eg in summer, international breaks, etc. Or in transfer window we've had occassions where host will load game just for one or two players to do transfer prep without progressing the game.

Thank you! Wil have to try some day. FM23 will be on GamePass, so I'll probably give it a shake once it's out there.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I always do a Villa save, but playing as a top team (that I haven't developed) has zero appeal to me.  Surely it's just far too easy?

Big teams in a one team league is a good challenge. Lyon is usually a good one as have a great academy 

On 02/10/2022 at 17:37, Demitri_C said:

Cant they just make it like the old championship manager games. Those were the best

Not sure if you've played it before but I find the mobile version pretty much the same as the old games and more enjoyable as a result.

The PS5 version no longer has a confirmed release date, and any pre orders on the PSN store will be auto refunded. 

No suggestion of how long the delay until release will be, either. Oh dear. 

• Sad 2

On 01/11/2022 at 15:33, sharkyvilla said:

Not sure if you've played it before but I find the mobile version pretty much the same as the old games and more enjoyable as a result.

I had one from 2017 on my phone it was good but ut was almost impossible to sell players. I hated that!

On 02/11/2022 at 19:33, hogso said:

The PS5 version no longer has a confirmed release date, and any pre orders on the PSN store will be auto refunded. 

No suggestion of how long the delay until release will be, either. Oh dear. 

Anyone heard or seen anything else about this? I was looking forward to this!

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope they make it bloodier easier to sell players. The most frustrating aspect of the game

Maybe you should ask Purslow for some tips?

• Haha 1

There is a article in a Swedish paper with the guy who does the research for the game on Swedish players where he lists the best prospects. Some are in the lower divisions so might not be for those who plan on taking over Man C or PSG.

I don't play the game anymore but I imagine the big Swedish ticket will be ROONY BARDGHJI  from FCK.

Spoiler

Greatest talents

Oliver Dovin, 20, Hammarby IF, goalkeeper

Fredrik Nissen, 17, IF Brommapojkarna, back

Johan Bångsbo, 19, IFK Göteborg, full back

Yasin Ayari, 19, AIK, midfield

Taha Ayari, 17, AIK, Midfield

Lucas Bergvall, 16, IF Brommapojkarna, midfield

Wilmer Odefalk, 17, IF Brommapojkarna, midfield

Sebastian Nanasi, 20, Kalmar FF, midfield

Hugo Larsson, 18, Malmö FF, midfield

Montader Madjed, 17, Hammarby TFF, winger

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/wAgGm5/football-manager-2023-storsta-talangerna-och-fynden-i-fm-23

I've got the mobile version and it's fun, if a bit easy.  What I found funny is I got messages about the foreign players like Kamara and then Digne now being able to hold a conversation in English, when I'm sure Digne is already fluent, but then I got one about Matty Cash as well :lol: 

My only signings so far have been Cunha from Atletico for £38m and Moukoko on loan from Dortmund and I'm having an Emery-like impact on the team.

So just after finishing my first season I have some annoying observations.....

I'm finding injuries absolutely ridiculous, even after putting a decent medical team together (physio's and sports scientists) - don't think it's down to playing style, 1st week of pre-season training over a few days I've lost 4 players to injury for at least a month, and they just seem to be frequent throughout the season, more frequent than what we see in real life.

Sending offs and bookings are getting silly too but then again that's probably more down to my formation and brutal "smash 'em" style.

Another annoying aspect it is when selling players, out of 10 players, 2 have been straight sales and the rest have been loans with a buy obligation, it just seems to be the done thing in the game now.

Other than that, I love the game, it's so addictive!! :)

On mobile version, some of the players comments on match day…

Matt Cash, struggling to understand the language… why because he’s Polish? 

At half time - 60% possession, 12(8) shots for, 1(0) against winning 2-0 - some players “feel we are lucky to be winning and not confident” 

• Haha 1

Â