Football Manager 2023

Villaphan04

Yet again, the next chapter in the Sports Interactive series. Believe it's the first time that it will be released on PlayStation as well. 

Football Manager 2023 | Available from November 8

Who knows if there are going to really be any major updates for the series -- the most notable one the UEFA Cup competitions:  CL / Europa League / ECL have been licensed for the game. Also rumors that Zebre will be gone, and Juventus will be back...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Yet again, the next chapter in the Sports Interactive series. Believe it's the first time that it will be released on PlayStation as well. 

Who knows if there are going to really be any major updates for the series -- the most notable one the UEFA Cup competitions:  CL / Europa League / ECL have been licensed for the game. Also rumors that Zebre will be gone, and Juventus will be back...  

At this point I just think they should move to a bi-annual release cycle and maybe look at the possibility of releasing updates to the existing game in between to reflect rules changes, current squads and possibly smaller feature updates in between for a heavily reduced price (ie paid DLC instead of a full release).

It just feels like the game has reached a level where they are struggling a bit to find features they should add. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, daft said:

At this point I just think they should move to a bi-annual release cycle and maybe look at the possibility of releasing updates to the existing game in between to reflect rules changes, current squads and possibly smaller feature updates in between for a heavily reduced price (ie paid DLC instead of a full release).

It just feels like the game has reached a level where they are struggling a bit to find features they should add. 

You can say that about every sports game... 

You can also do that yourself via the editor and the steam workshop, you can play FM22 fully updated now if you want, steam workshop is brilliant 

Glad it's on PS5 (my wife won't be...) interested to see what FM console entails, it's also day one game pass so based on how they price it I could just renew that for 3/4 months instead, it sounds like the 2 week early access will be PC only, if that made it to game pass too then that would that I would play iy on xbox - which I did with 22, it takes some getting used to but its good enough

Also back on ipad but I'm weary over what via apple arcade entails 

• Like 1

It'll be FM Touch 23 on Apple Arcade, won't it? Which, on ipad the last time it was available at least, was a really decent representation of the proper game. Far, far superior to FM Mobile. 

Unless you mean Apple Arcade itself? It's not a bad platform. You could play Fantasian (Sakaguchi's most recent game) too if you sub. 

Yeah I played touch for a few years on ipad and it's good, it's condensed but in a good way (unlike mobile which is garbage) and was disappointed they skipped it last year

I don't know what difference having to do it via apple arcade will make, or if my 8 year old ipad will handle it

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You can say that about every sports game... 

You can also do that yourself via the editor and the steam workshop, you can play FM22 fully updated now if you want, steam workshop is brilliant 

Glad it's on PS5 (my wife won't be...) interested to see what FM console entails, it's also day one game pass so based on how they price it I could just renew that for 3/4 months instead, it sounds like the 2 week early access will be PC only, if that made it to game pass too then that would that I would play iy on xbox - which I did with 22, it takes some getting used to but its good enough

Also back on ipad but I'm weary over what via apple arcade entails 

I hear ya', and it's not a slight on SI, I think they do a really great job with the game and they've done a lot over the years to create the most comprehensive manager game ever, and I can always not but the game every year. 

I've been with them since day one. 

I think Ubisoft did something similar with Assassin's Creed? Might be wrong since I don't play those games. 

I think ubisoft dipped out of AC for a year or 2 because churning them out was directly impacting the quality, not sure of CoD did the same 

Did think earlier could SI go to a service game where they charge say £5 a month and just keep it rolling, always updated, always being patched, I think I'd pay it to be honest and unfortunately for the wife probably ge tmy moneys worth out of that too but I'm not sure it would work, there's not enough potential for additional paid content 

That's how I see fifa going, the base game which they don't do a fat lot with every year will be free but then they'll recoup their money with FUT and cards and additional players and skins and boots and whatever else they can stick a £ on

Fifa (or EA FC or whatever its going to be called) can go off in a rehash direction that FM could also benefit from but in reality probably can't do

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it's also day one game pass so based on how they price it I could just renew that for 3/4 months instead, it sounds like the 2 week early access will be PC only, if that made it to game pass too then that would that I would play iy on xbox - which I did with 22, it takes some getting used to but its good enough

If your game pass has expired/is expiring and you'll be paying 10.99 a month for it, just set up a new profile (I just used one gf already had) so you get the first month for £1 offer, buy 36 months of gold subs for about £75 total from somewhere like cdkeys, add those subs to the new account then activate the £1 game pass ultimate, which will convert all 36 months to a game pass ultimate sub. Saves over £300. You can then set this new profile as the lead account on your xbox or pc, then switch after initial login to your old profile to still have access to all the game pass games on your original profile.

Also not sure if misreading your post so apologies if already know this but game pass ultimate covers pc games as well so fm23 will be available day one on pc via game pass ultimate.

Edited by tomsky_11

10 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

they mentioned something big for the CL beyond just being licensed. not sure what that could be though? better draws maybe?

i'm still on my original villa save on FM22. won the league 15 times in a row or something, and CL 13 or the last 14 seasons. you'd think it would start getting boring now wouldn't you...in a way it is, but i get to this stage and find it really difficult to start a new game!

Man City are fully licensed 

Not sure how much SI pay for that kind of thing but even if it's peanuts it's worth it and I wish villa did it too, I don't get this utd / juve approach of wanting to take them to the cleaners, I won't play as piedmont or whatever they call them (tbf I wouldn't play as juve either...) Its cutting their nose off stuff

22 hours ago, tomav84 said:

not yet watched, quite a chunky video 

i think the squad planner part is going to be a good add -- I know I like to write out on some paper something of this ilk and now we can do it in game as well. A bit disappointed that there was not much change to international management (so far at least)

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Man City are fully licensed 

Not sure how much SI pay for that kind of thing but even if it's peanuts it's worth it and I wish villa did it too, I don't get this utd / juve approach of wanting to take them to the cleaners, I won't play as piedmont or whatever they call them (tbf I wouldn't play as juve either...) Its cutting their nose off stuff

I agree that but Juve fully licensed exclusively to Konami, which is why they were not "in" either Fifa or FM for a bit. But I do think that just separately licensing the game is an easy enough way to get some form of return (e.g. cash / publicity) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

i think the squad planner part is going to be a good add -- I know I like to write out on some paper something of this ilk and now we can do it in game as well. A bit disappointed that there was not much change to international management (so far at least)

yeah and being able to plan a couple of seasons ahead. i never really think about "i'll probably need a new RB in a couple of years" so that's a good addition

agent conversations is a good idea in theory but i wonder how much i'll use them. same with the fancy new full screen cup draws, i'll probably use it a couple of times then not bother

• Like 1

On 29/09/2022 at 08:43, daft said:

I buy it by annually for this reason. Can always get a patch for next seasons transfers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I buy it by annually for this reason. Can always get a patch for next seasons transfers

Same. Up to FM18 I bought it yearly, but now I just wait. And I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to either. 

16 hours ago, daft said:

Anyone kept up with any announcements? What are this years highlighted updates?

as far as I can tell from the video -- UEFA Cup licensing, a few specific clubs licensing -- City, Juve back in game i believe), the squad planner tab which sounds helpful, & more agent interactions. More tweaks with the in-game graphics, but overall doesn't seem like a lot of new updates. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

as far as I can tell from the video -- UEFA Cup licensing, a few specific clubs licensing -- City, Juve back in game i believe), the squad planner tab which sounds helpful, & more agent interactions. More tweaks with the in-game graphics, but overall doesn't seem like a lot of new updates. 

Thanks! Might be worth a buy for me anyways. I got 22 for free through Amazon Prime, although quite late in its lifetime. 

Â