January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

very poor window its looking like - weakened our squad 

The way I see it, we got Moreno and lost Ings. The others were dead weight. We may be "weaker" as a whole, but it's more quantity than quality, and we'll be in a better position in the summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Everyone attacking @foreveryoung but im not sure why, he rightly stated ings should have stayed until the summer correct… Duran not fit for the PL as it stands correct again, anyone with a footballing eye will see that will be the case for now at least.

Brighton,fulham and those teams people were using as an example to say we should be happy are the same teams above us (they shouldnt be) correct again and our expectations from some of us are different but many are not looking high enough for the club of this stature. Not sure what else was stated for the onslaught.

But once again mate, Ings wanted to leave. Would you rather a potential disgruntled player and to sell him for less? I get that he is experienced and stuff but what can you do when a player wants to leave?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Everyone attacking @foreveryoung but im not sure why, he rightly stated ings should have stayed until the summer correct… Duran not fit for the PL as it stands correct again, anyone with a footballing eye will see that will be the case for now at least.

Brighton,fulham and those teams people were using as an example to say we should be happy are the same teams above us (they shouldnt be) correct again and our expectations from some of us are different but many are not looking high enough for the club of this stature. Not sure what else was stated for the onslaught.

Brighton are above us currently and have an 18 year old Irish forward leading the line. But Duran isn’t ready for some game time from the bench 🤣

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why are people angry?

This season is a bonus. Clearly the plan is let Emery bed in his system and work on getting players we really want in the summer. There’s no point signing people for the fun of it. 

We’re not realistically going to get into Europe this season and we’re already safe. Let Emery work with the squad and get his system perfected and then we can spend money far more wisely in the summer. 

Nail on head

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Quick question. I know A LOT of people are saying that our recruitment will happen in the summer hence the poor January window… but… how do you know that it will happen? 

Cause that’s how the transfer windows usually work … January is always notoriously a more difficult month to do deals compared with the summer…

43 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The one I feel sorry for in this whole ordeal is @messi11. He put so much effort into scouting and scouring the Internet for transfer tweets, but the club has let him down badly! No wonder kids, no random players from the Chilean league, no diamonds in the rough, Nothing. Nada. F-all. **** you Lange, Emery and Purslow! **** your all! 😏

😪 Was gonna watch Boyacá Chicó v Jaguares de Córdoba in the Colombian Primera A tonight as well. But I think i'm gonna give that a miss now.
Time for me for for me retire. Its been fun Villa Talk. As Boris Johnson said in that film The Terminator. "hasta la vista, baby." 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

very poor window its looking like - weakened our squad 

We are Millions of pounds better off with a team under Emery that is fourth on form. We are $primed$ for a hot summer of signings AND we have McGinn, Bertie and Carlos all coming back into contention.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Powehi said:

Again, even though you're clearly a seasoned Villa supporter and an articulate poster, you're skirting the key issue here - that Emery has sanctioned all of this and is essentially stating he is happy to work with this group of players only for the next five months until we can buy again. He is a respected and proven manager who has also drastically overturned our fortunes with these same players, give or take. The additions have also begun, and we have a player returning from injury and a player returning from loan. You do the fans that are content with where we are a disservice by painting us as content underachievers, where the reality is that we pick Emery's experience over yours. 

Strengthening can come in different ways, and it may not always involve chucking extra bodies at things. We now have a tight knit squad playing one game a week until the summer. The vast majority of them are now familiar with Emery's methods and tactics. Players are available to replace those in the first team who occasionally get suspended and lose form. Such unity may have gone a long way to dispelling Gerrard's toxicity from the dressing room.

There will obviously be games lost as well as won, but we are in a good position to challenge for top 8.

You or I do not know UE's true feelings of this window.....so we can both, only speculate FWIW.

none of the additions, truly represent the alleged intentions of the manager.....left back cover, and a rookie forward.

I am not painting any picture, the picture, paints itself....as for UE's experience over mine, thats laughable, he is a professional football manager and I am a spectator....so lets get that clear.

I don't think most fans are so insular, that they think, throwing bodies at the team building, will suffice....most are more discerning than that.

UE's performance to date, is not in question from me, but the support to help him continue the Momentum is....If he comes out and says the clearout was necessary on to the summer rebuild, I will accept that with his sincerity.

I hope UE is happy with the situation, if he is so am I......We will know in time.

I am rather hoping, all will be revealed, in due course.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

We are Millions of pounds better off with a team under Emery that is fourth on form. We are $primed$ for a hot summer of signings AND we have McGinn, Bertie and Carlos all coming back into contention.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Bertie looks under Emery.

• Like 3

All im saying im ok with it as it is fir this window but if we are not backing emery in the summer with serious investment then the fans wont be happy and i can't see emery hanging about.

Has to be some serious backing come the summer

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Who are these bargains you refer to? Not doubting Trossard is quality but eve if we were in for him do you think he’d have chosen us over Arsenal?

Buendia and Luiz, did.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Quick question. I know A LOT of people are saying that our recruitment will happen in the summer hence the poor January window… but… how do you know that it will happen? 

Thank you.

• Like 1