January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Birmingham Mail

"Today’s the day and the countdown is on for Aston Villa to add to their squad ahead of their 18-game run-in as Unai Emery looks to gatecrash those European qualification places.Three positions are the priority today with Marseille midfielder Matteo Guendouzi top of Emery’s wish-list. A winger and a new No.9 are also both desired with Villa having already registered their interest for the likes of Luiz Henrique (Real Betis), Alberto Moleiro (Las Palmas) and Moussa Demeble (Olympique Lyonnais).Villa’s most-pressing need is a central striker to replace Danny Ings who left for West Ham earlier in this window."

January 31ˢᵗ 2023

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So we’re a fairly balanced team on the books so far? Surely that’s not a bad thing?

We have seen how it goes the other way, it is a good thing.

• Like 1

We’re pretty comfortable mid table. We have a new manager still assessing the squad. We are out of all the cup competitions so only have 18 more matches left in the season. 

It’s not a surprise that we’ve been conservative in the January window, focusing more on a clear out than ins.

We’ve got a great platform for next season now. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And he most likely won’t be the best and probably won’t even play much. 

Yeah was thinking a Llorente type who can be an impact sub to cover Watkins for next few months

*not suggesting Llorente was an example

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Birmingham Mail

"Today’s the day and the countdown is on for Aston Villa to add to their squad ahead of their 18-game run-in as Unai Emery looks to gatecrash those European qualification places.Three positions are the priority today with Marseille midfielder Matteo Guendouzi top of Emery’s wish-list. A winger and a new No.9 are also both desired with Villa having already registered their interest for the likes of Luiz Henrique (Real Betis), Alberto Moleiro (Las Palmas) and Moussa Demeble (Olympique Lyonnais).Villa’s most-pressing need is a central striker to replace Danny Ings who left for West Ham earlier in this window."

January 31ˢᵗ 2023

Birmingham live with the tier 11 insight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

This could end up an exciting deadline day for once!

Im not at all optimistic 

On one hand i get it why spend money that wont improve us whwn we could spend big in the summer, on the other hand we are in with a outside chance of top 7

Will plop and chelsea be this bad next season? Im not so sure

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I hope not, a disappointing window if that’s the case sadly.

It looks like we did some massive housecleaning and added 2 players - one a first team starter, the other a potential off the bench.

I'd say we had a 7/10 window, if we add a striker or guendouzhi we'd take it to 9/10.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not at all optimistic 

On one hand i get it why spend money that wont improve us whwn we could spend big in the summer, on the other hand we are in with a outside chance of top 7

Will plop and chelsea be this bad next season? Im not so sure

Tbh I'm not that fussed. For the first time in many years I'm fully confident in the manager and board to do the right thing. 

If the right move is available we will go for it, if not we won't. 

I'm glad the days of shelling out fortunes on dross is on the decline. 

• Like 4