January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

What about Zaniolo?

Roma offering him out on loan and Spurs were linked a few weeks back but they surely don't have any room for any more forwards.

He's not involved in Roma squad tonight and turned down Bournemouth a few days back which felt a bizarre link.

Was very highly rated a few seasons back before serious injury so surely would consider us for six months as most of the top squads are packed for this window.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

What about Zaniolo?

Roma offering him out on loan and Spurs were linked a few weeks back but they surely don't have any room for any more forwards.

He's not involved in Roma squad tonight and turned down Bournemouth a few days back which felt a bizarre link.

Was very highly rated a few seasons back before serious injury so surely would consider us for six months as most of the top squads are packed for this window.

He did his ACL and Medial ligament..... not small injuries.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He did his ACL and Medial ligament..... not small injuries.

Yes in September 2020.

He played regularly last season and scored the winner in europa conference final so if we want to be back in europe in next 2-3 years and competitive in one of the competitions these are the types we need to be considering.

Roma supposed to be signing Dusan Tadic as his replacement so he'll be joining someone in next 48 hours.

Deulofeu did his ACL aswell around same time and could've easily signed him but for his current injuries. 

Edited by VillaChris

5 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Would be nice to have some decent deadline day activity for a change.

Nah, deadline day activity is normally a panic buy and doesn't work out long term.

Unless it's someone we've been chasing all month and we finally get it over the line.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yes in September 2020.

He played regularly last season and scored the winner in europa conference final so if we want to be back in europe in next 2-3 years and competitive in one of the competitions these are the types we need to be considering.

Roma supposed to be signing Dusan Tadic as his replacement so he'll be joining someone in next 48 hours.

Yea but didn't his output massively drop off?

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I really don't rate him. He's certainly not as good as Luiz, Kamara or Ramsey.  I'd question if he's really any better than McGinn.  He certainly isn't a starter for us so for what he'd cost he's not worth it as he'd be a bench warmer

I think he offers something different to those players you mentioned....it's hard to say better, when they are different.

for some time, I have thought our players are too samey, that doesn't mean they are bad....its a 25 man squad, and managers have to have varying styles to change tactics.

Its opinions of course....I like busy players.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Yea but didn't his output massively drop off?

Yes in Seria A. In europa conference scored a hat trick in one of the rounds and then the winner in the final. Was always going to play less with them bringing in Paulo Dybala aswell.

For six months I think he's worth a look as he fits the profile of what we want as he's quite a direct wide player from what I've seen.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes in September 2020.

No you're right his season was decent last year its this year that it is low

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nicolo-zaniolo/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/392085

Edited by paul514

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Daft loan suggestion (if we can’t get our desired permanent deals completed) 

Jaden Sancho from ManUre - clearly not rated by Ten Haag

Having issues off the pitch isn't he so those signings are always a big gamble. That said Lingard was in similar position two years ago and he was amazing for West Ham.

I actually think someone like Pulisic would be a great fit in our structure under Emery but no idea if he's available for loan or will still be in contention to start for Chelsea after all these endless signings they're making.

• Like 1

Gallagher is good, but too similar to Ramsey, and I'm not sure there would be room for two players of that type in a Emery team, and Ramsey is better, that said I woulldn't be disappointed if we did sign him.

I've warmed to the idea of signing Alex Scott, not that I thought it would be a bad signing in the first place, just that he's evolved into more of a central midfielder for Bristol City, and we already have two of those in Aaron Ramsey and Iroegbunam who are of a similar age and profile, so could be asked why should spend tens of millions on another when we've already got two of our own, but I guess Scott could be seen as a Chukwuemeka replacement, and thinking about it I think he would quite suit Emery's system being able to play both wide and through the middle.

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Daft loan suggestion (if we can’t get our desired permanent deals completed) 

Jaden Sancho from ManUre - clearly not rated by Ten Haag

show pony....inconsistent....missing in battle.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Gallagher is good, but too similar to Ramsey, and I'm not sure there would be room for two players of that type in a Emery team, and Ramsey is better, that said I woulldn't be disappointed if we did sign him.

I've warmed to the idea of signing Alex Scott, not that I thought it would be a bad signing in the first place, just that he's evolved into more of a central midfielder for Bristol City, and we already have two of those in Aaron Ramsey and Iroegbunam who are of a similar age and profile, so could be asked why should spend tens of millions on another when we've already got two of our own, but I guess Scott could be seen as a Chukwuemeka replacement, and thinking about it I think he would quite suit Emery's system being able to play both wide and through the middle.

I don't particularly agree.....I like Ramsey, don't get me wrong, but hasn't got the intensity or pressing appetite of Gallagher, he doesn't snap at the heels like CG.....JJ is more direct and a ball carrier.....not the same for me, both have endearing qualities.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't particularly agree.....I like Ramsey, don't get me wrong, but hasn't got the intensity or pressing appetite of Gallagher, he doesn't snap at the heels like CG.....JJ is more direct and a ball carrier.....not the same for me, both have endearing qualities.

I hear you mate, but Ramsey is in the top 5 midfielders in the league for tackles, recoveries in the offensive half and defensive half and interceptions. 

He snaps a whole lot better than Gallagher for me. Connor is a lot of huff and not a lot of puff. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What about Zaniolo?

Hold on, I'll call Emery

Strange that we'd sell Ings, loan out Archer and not sign a proven striker..

Considering that Duran isn't even an Emery signing, would Emery really just roll with inconsistent Watkins and unproven Duran?

Surely a striker is incoming?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Considering that Duran isn't even an Emery signing, would Emery really just roll with inconsistent Watkins and unproven Duran?

Inaki Williams didn't feature for Bilbao tonight for the first time in 250 games. They say he was injured but... :D 

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not disputing it but how do you know Duran isn’t a Emery signing, worrying if true as I don’t trust Lange.