January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Augustinsson going leaves I think 19 senior outfield players, with Carlos out injured for another while and Nakamba and Chambers seemingly being encouraged to find new clubs. 

Not up in arms at all about signings (of lack thereof) nor do I have any issue with any of the departures, but it does seem weird to go into the remainder of the season that short on numbers. Especially in certain areas of the pitch. Would be surprised if an attacking player at least doesn't come in before the end of the window in some capacity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Harrison isn't very good and definitely isn't better than Buendia or Bailey, even a lot of Leeds fans don't rate him, he probably doesn't even get in their team now when everyone fit, so shouldn't be good enough for us.

A lot of our fans don’t rate Bailey and Buendia either. 

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Augustinsson going leaves I think 19 senior outfield players, with Carlos out injured for another while and Nakamba and Chambers seemingly being encouraged to find new clubs. 

Not up in arms at all about signings (of lack thereof) nor do I have any issue with any of the departures, but it does seem weird to go into the remainder of the season that short on numbers. Especially in certain areas of the pitch. Would be surprised if an attacking player at least doesn't come in before the end of the window in some capacity.

Sounds light but it’s only around a game a week until the end of the season.  

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot of our fans don’t rate Bailey and Buendia either. 

They'll be begging for them to come back after they're changed for Jack Harrison. 

Anyway, doesn't matter, this one's clearly nonsense IMO. 

Just watching Bristol City v West Brom. Alex Scott looks a cut above. He reminds me a little of a young Grealish the way he keeps the ball close and has really good balance. 

He’s going to be some player. 

Edited by av1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds light but it’s only around a game a week until the end of the season.  

I get that but at the same time 5 subs makes it more of a squad game than ever, and added to that Emery really makes use of them too. I'd be surprised if for the remainder of the season a 19 year old kid signed from the MLS was the only out and out forward option off the bench (all going well with injuries etc).

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is Zaniolo a player we should be looking at? Looks like he’s got some decent attributes and a position we could use.

Not at the money they're after. He was supposed to be the next great Italian but injuries have sapped him of a lot of what made him so enticing. Personally, I don't see him ever becoming more than an above average player on a solid team. If he hadn't been such a hyped prospect before, the price wouldn't be anywhere near what it is.

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just watching Bristol City v West Brom. Alex Scott looks a cut above. He reminds me a little of a young Grealish the way he keeps the ball close and has really good balance. 

He’s excellent isn’t he. They want a lot of money for him. It’s a big gamble for a club to be spending £25m on him when they can get someone similar abroad for half the price. V good prospect though. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s excellent isn’t he. They want a lot of money for him. It’s a big gamble for a club to be spending £25m on him when they can get someone similar abroad for half the price. V good prospect though. 

You'd get him for a structure of something like £18m with £7-8m in performance add-ons. He's a serious talent. 

Can see City getting him for cheap soon though as he would force through a move if they came knocking. 

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

Scott is a really exciting prospect 

I haven’t seen Scott but I watching Madison today and thinking how you can find top players in the championship. Obviously you get some that struggle with the step up.

I do think they need to really stand out in the championship though to take the risk and pay big money.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Does anyone know how we’re looking with regards to our homegrown quota?

I think this might be right but not totally sure.

Steer, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Chambers, Hayden, Revan, A. Young, Ramsey, Watkins and K. Young.

If they’re all official squad members that’s 11 names. Apparently 8 is the minimum required. 

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Does anyone know how we’re looking with regards to our homegrown quota?

Close to the edge. If I understand right we need 8 homegrown.

I count:

Watkins, Konsa, Mings, Cash, Chambers, Ramsey, Young.

I’m not sure whether Martinez counts because he was an Arsenal academy player and I’m not sure about Scottish players so I won’t count McGinn. 
I think Duran and the youth keepers are too young to be counted against us. 

Basically I’ve had this in the back of my mind with all of our links to foreign players. I don’t think we’ll be getting rid of Cash or Chambers any time soon and could explain links to Harrison.

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think this might be right but not totally sure.

Steer, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Chambers, Hayden, Revan, A. Young, Ramsey, Watkins and K. Young.

If they’re all official squad members that’s 11 names. Apparently 8 is the minimum required. 

Ah well done, forgot Steer and K Young. Didn’t think Revan and Hayden were squad players though. It would certainly help.

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Ah well done, forgot Steer and K Young. Didn’t think Revan and Hayden were squad players though. It would certainly help.

I’m not totally sure they are, but they’re listed on the premier league website under squad information so I assume that’s correct?

Taking the kids out, Steer and Chambers maybe not sticking around, question marks over Cash…we’re closer to the limit than I thought.