January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

15 minutes ago, messi11 said:

The market is going bonkers right now. We have to be careful not to overpay. £30 million players at best are going for crazy money.

Mykhaylo Mudryk on the last deadline day was close to Brentford for £30 Million. Now going to Chelsea for 100Millon Euros. Gakpo was going to Southampton also for £21 Mil and now has gone to Liverpool for 50+.

Given the market over the last 20 years do you think over the coming seasons with more Middle Eastern money coming in that transfer fees are going to stay the same or decrease? They are bizarrely just going to keep getting higher. Every season we think prices will stabilise and never do and even during Covid we said this might stop the continuing growing of fees….it hasn’t!  

Fees and wages continue to rise…Mbappe recent contract is silly, Ronaldo’s new contract is bonkers….now players that are barely known in elite like Mudryk are valued at £60, 70,80m…we sold Jack for £100m, he wasn’t worth that but in today market he is.

We don’t want to overpay but at the same time we don’t want to scrimp a few bucks on players we want now because as you point out 6 months they could be double that fee.  I’m not sure January is the decisive factor.  If you dither you miss out or pay twice as much.

27 minutes ago, messi11 said:

The market is going bonkers right now. We have to be careful not to overpay. £30 million players at best are going for crazy money.

Mykhaylo Mudryk on the last deadline day was close to Brentford for £30 Million. Now going to Chelsea for 100Millon Euros. Gakpo was going to Southampton also for £21 Mil and now has gone to Liverpool for 50+.

That’s @messi11 level of madness. AKA tier 1 madness. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Can someone explain the Mudryk thing to me? 

I don’t understand how he can be commanding that kind of fee off 6 performances in CL. I’ve watched the highlights and not seeing him doing anything dramatically special in those games. He looks quick and a handful but 100m is top level money. 

Yes he’s got good stats playing in Ukrainian league but surely that can’t have any bearing on fee like this. 

I am massively confused. 

Chelsea are offering that as £80m will go towards Zelenskys money laundering scheme and back in th Boehly's pocket. God bless America!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Can someone explain the Mudryk thing to me? 

I don’t understand how he can be commanding that kind of fee off 6 performances in CL. I’ve watched the highlights and not seeing him doing anything dramatically special in those games. He looks quick and a handful but 100m is top level money. 

Yes he’s got good stats playing in Ukrainian league but surely that can’t have any bearing on fee like this. 

I am massively confused. 

Skakhtar owner said he is as good as Antony and wont accept a lower fee which I suppose if fair enough

35 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

This part of the story makes me immediately think it's bullshit. Just a bitter Spanish outlet bothered by the money of the Premier League.

https://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2023-01-14/calabazas-merino-aston-villa-clausula-real-sociedad_3556769/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BotoneraWeb

Hmmm. 🤔 We may have some interest in Merino but they are trying to use this as a victory for La Liga. Typical embellished headline and report. I sense envy. A similar envy that parted the Sevilla CEO's lips when we signed Diego Carlos. Sevilla are struggling this season and it doesn't surprise me. Desperate deflection. These people need to focus on their own league and clubs. Pathetic journalism.

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Chelsea are offering that as £80m will go towards Zelenskys money laundering scheme and back in th Boehly's pocket. God bless America!

That was like reading a Tucker Carlson tweet, it made me chuckle.  Mudryk is a strange one to be valued so high.  I’ve watched him a few times and a great young talent but god knows where that value comes from but if Arsenal and Chelsea are willing to pay then there must be some real potential there because even if it was well overpriced he’s still commanding a huge fee.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Merino and Guendouzi - are we only after players who play in a Cazoo sponsored shirt?!

Not for much longer, we’ll stupidly be BK8 next season if the stories are true and thankfully all our leading fan groups are in uproar.

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Newcastle after Milinkovic-Savic for £60m. Definitely a reason for us to strengthen our midfield.

Fingers crossed the Guendouzi rumours pickup over the next few days.

Added to that I just looked at my Twitter timeline and the two top tweets paraphrased are….

• Chelsea agree €100m for Mudryk….
  • Aston Villa have installed a self-pour bar where fans can make their own drinks and pay with their card to save queuing up.….

Yep we need some rumours to pick up…😂

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not for much longer, we’ll stupidly be BK8 next season if the stories are true and thankfully all our leading fan groups are in uproar.

On top of the controversy it looks absolutely rubbish too, never knew trying to get a decent looking sponsorship deal was so hard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

On top of the controversy it looks absolutely rubbish too, never knew trying to get a decent looking sponsorship deal was so hard

To be honest I'd probably sacrifice 2-3 places in the table if I heard news that I'd be able to get out of Villa Park within an hour and a half of the full time whistle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

To be honest I'd probably sacrifice 2-3 places in the table if I heard news that I'd be able to get out of Villa Park within an hour and a half of the full time whistle.

Now that’s something I can really agree with…

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Skakhtar owner said he is as good as Antony and wont accept a lower fee which I suppose if fair enough

Which backs my point up about the valuation of Matty Cash compared to the fee for Cucurella. The market value has been set now.

21 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Don’t believe that for one minute. Article is very woolly on the details. He’s spinning us a yarn. 

Ewe really rammed the pun home on that one. Not that there’s anything to be sheepish about though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

But he only wears Army green now....

Surely this should indicate his valiance and purity? 

• Haha 1