January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

33 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Seems like we're not after Danjuma with it looking like he's going back to Bournemouth (bizzare) and Everton trying for him. Seems a bit strange unless the finances of it are not possible for us now.

Or that he isnt that good that only 2 of the relegation candidates want him

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We need to buy a winger so I don’t have to see Buendia or Bailey play as much and stink the joint out. They’re our two weak links for me. 

I've sympathy for both players. They were signed to play in a 4 2 3 1 system and have played what once in said system in the time they've been here? 

Had Smith not been fired and Bailey injured etc.. both players would have had runs in that system for all of last season essentially. 

If Trossard has gone on strike in order to force a move to Spurs, it kind of suggests that Spurs opening offer wasn't anywhere near the valuation that Brighton would have expected and that Spurs are hoping that by turning the players head they can get away with a derisory bid that better serves their financial situation but that no other sensible football club would consider.

Spursy to the core.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

29 in December 😂😂

Closer to 29 than 27😂 

Trossard would be a dumb signing. We need to find the next younger Trossard not sign the finished article at a older age on high wages and a high fee. Period.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Trossard has gone on strike in order to force a move to Spurs, it kind of suggests that Spurs opening offer wasn't anywhere near the valuation that Brighton would have expected and that Spurs are hoping that by turning the players head they can get away with a derisory bid that better serves their financial situation but that no other sensible football club would consider.

Spursy to the core.

We will let Spurs have this one. Once Kane and Son decline they are just gonna be as average as us.

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Closer to 29 than 27😂 

Trossard would be a dumb signing. We need to find the next younger Trossard not sign the finished article at a older age on high wages and a high fee. Period.

Just yesterday I was thinking, our next investments should be aimed at poaching scouts and recruitment staff from the likes of Brighton and Brentford 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Spursy to the core.

8 million plus Fraser Forster opening bid

• Like 1

On a positive note we have nothing really left to play for this season so if any club is trying to add a January window tax to one of their players we can simply walk away and get them cheaper in the summer. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

We dont have any natural wide players except Bailey 

Which is the main reason we want another winger. And I expect us to sign one. But I don’t think those do any more than gives us another option.

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

On a positive note we have nothing really left to play for this season so if any club is trying to add a January window tax to one of their players we can simply walk away and get them cheaper in the summer. 

Not sure it works like that mate. Leave it till the summer and you might have another x amount of clubs interested. 

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Trossard will be subject to the 50% loss of ability all players leaving Brighton suffer.

He's a no from me.

Was extremely unimpressed by him and his performance at the WC. Suggests he's more of the same from Brighton. A club with magic pixie dust at the moment. As soon as a player/manager is out from under it's umbrella, they turn into a giant pumpkin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We have nothing really left to play for? Are you serious? Just because we are out of the cups we still have league position to play for and extreme position in that is a European place however unlikely that seems.  As the cliche goes, we still have everything to play for…in the league.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 4